cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RELEASE] RogueCraft (DOWNLOAD LINK FIXED)

marchansenj
Honored Guest
Getting started to begin development on my JAM entry again. If anyone has any comments or feedback that they would like to see incorporated into the build plan I am all ears.
New Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2dd16kft02v5wzz/RogueCraft.zip

Here is my entry RogueCraft
New Download link:

screen7.png

Description
Game Title: RougeCraft
A rougelike VR Space simulator which places you in command of your own shuttle with the goal of surviving a long journey home. The journey home consists of encounters connected by Jumps thru space.
Your shuttle is equipped with many state of the art systems to aide in your survival.

PLAY TIPS:
Each time you Jump thru space an additional Pirate is added, by the final level you will facing 6 pirates at once. Use Boost and Cloak to split them up and avoid initial damage.

When you are attacked there is a chance that the enemy shot will disable one of your systems this is indicated by a YELLOW MESSAGE and SOUND be sure to keep an eye on your SYSTEMS CONSOLE to ensure that all systems have power.

Some systems when lost can mean your CERTAIN DOOM, like SHIELDS, HULL, or IMPULSE. If one of these Systems goes down make sure to BOOST/REPAIR/CLOAK while you restore power and wait for the system to reboot.

If Weapons loses power you will no longer have a cross-hair which will make aiming and firing tough.

When Shields are restored they will be at 0 so make sure and Repair after your Shields have had power restored otherwise it will take a while for them to regenerate on their own.

Controls:
FLIGHT CONTROLS:
(S) PITCH UP
(W) PITCH DOWN
(A) YAW LEFT
(D)YAW RIGHT
(Q)ROLL LEFT
(E)ROLL RIGHT

ACTIONS:
(LEFT-CLICK) FIRE CURRENT WEAPON
(RIGHT-CLICK) IMPLUSE
(TAB) CHANGES TARGET

(1) ENERGY: DAMAGES SHIELDS
(2) MATTER: DAMAGES HULL
(3) BOOST: SPEED INCREASE
(4) REPAIR: REPLENISH SHIELDS
(5) CLOAK: HIDE FROM RADAR
(0) JUMP: ENABLE HYPERSPEED

HAND CONTROL MODE:
(HOLD-SHIFT + MOUSE) LEFT HAND
(HOLD-SPACE + MOUSE) RIGHT HAND
(LEFT-CLICK) EXECUTE SYSTEM
(RIGHT-CLICK) TOGGLE POWER
24 REPLIES 24

marchansenj
Honored Guest
"DarkJames" wrote:
Is there a Mac version or just Windows?

Only Windows at the moment as I do not own a MAC but my wife might get one soon so that might change.

rgfgmail, shdggsdv sorry the competition links quit working. I hope you will still try my game:

New Link:

Thanks,
Marc

DarkJames
Honored Guest
Ah alright.

If you're using Unity you can make a Mac build on a Windows machine btw 🙂
Seeing is believing

Timech187
Honored Guest
I gotta say wow :).

Very smooth and quite the experience with the Rift. I'm a future Star Citizen player so playing this game is a cool look into how SC might operate. Loved looking around the cockpit.

Is there a way to invert controls? I haven't tried a Joystick/Flight Controls, are these available?

Either way, very very fun demo. Thanks for the experience!

Timech

Nevulus
Honored Guest
Couple of issues:

1) The Unity logo at start is jarring with the Rift on. Upgrade to Unity Pro, I know easier said than done.
2) The warp effect at start takes long, hard to get into the action right away.
3) The intro is entirely too long. The type effect for the text, while good in theory, just prolongs the intro entirely TOO long. Is there a way to skip it? A more intuitive intro to the game should include a tutorial with a more hands-on approach.
4) The skybox feels too closed in. When moving your head during the intro, the space skybox moves awkwardly as if I can see the edges of the box making up the skybox.
5) Not sure why but there is a serious fish eye lens thing going on, once again most notable during intro with the planet to the side. Does your game include multiple OVRcameras ?
6) The textures feel entirely too blurry outside the ship. The control panel seems fine, but everything outside the cockpit looks blurry. Ran a few other Rift demos to make sure it wasn't me. Tried running it on default Rift resolution, and then tried running it at 1980x1200 and letting the Rift downsample, still same result of blurriness.

Good luck, keep up the good work.

Deshartua
Honored Guest
Just tried this but it just keeps spinning out of control as if the W and A keys are being held?!?! I can fire up every other game I play that uses that comob without issue? Am I missing something??!?!