cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open the store page for your app?

Thunderbox_Ent
Protege
Hi there,
Apologies for the barrage of questions, but development on our first Oculus Go title is hotting up and there is much we don't know!
:blush:

Anyway, I am trying to add a link to our app's store page, so that users can rate it (similar to how we do it on the iOS and Android versions).

After trawling the documentation and forums, I can't find any concrete examples of how to do this, so I though I would ask here:

How do you you open the store page for your app, from within your app?

I am guessing a deep link to the store would be the best way, but what parameters would we need to pass to Platform.Application.LaunchOtherApp?

Thanks in advnace for your continued assistance!

Sincerely,
Dan
4 REPLIES 4

Thunderbox_Ent
Protege
Thank for getting back to me - help on this is much appreciated!
What I am having trouble working out are the parameters for...
ovr_Application_LaunchOtherApp(<app_id>, options);
...where <app_id> needs to be the Oculus store and  options needs to be the store page for my app.

Does that make sense?

Thanks once again for your help!
 🙂 

Thunderbox_Ent
Protege
Any update, @imperativity ? Our app is nearin the final stages of development! Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Thunderbox_Ent
Protege
Hi @imperativity - thanks for the update.

If I understand correctly, what you are telling me is that it is not possible to open the store page for an already installed app using a deep link to the store app.

Just to make sure I am explaing our requirements, here they are in a bit more depth...
- We have an app.
- When people have played our app for a bit, we would like to prompt them to leave a rating
- The ideal functionality for this would be...
      a) A system dialogue with a star rating input (like on iOS), or...
      b) Opening the Oculus Store at our app's page, so the user can leave a rating.

I am assuming that Option A doesn't exist, so I am investigating Option B.

If we can't use a deep link to the store do this, is there an alternative method to open our app's store page post-install? If not, how does one prompt the user to leave a rating? Is there special functionality, or is this a phone/tablet paradigm that I should not be fussing about?

Thanks once again for your help!
🙂

Thunderbox_Ent
Protege
Well that actually makes my job a bit easier... 
Thanks for the assist @imperativity!
😄