cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The app does not meet the standards to be included in the Oculus Store

dev-test
Honored Guest
Greetings,

After several try to get our application published on the oculus store, each one of them failed, ended up with a keys only version.
Since I didn't know the exact reason of this disapproval, I sent an e-mail to submissions@oculus.com. Sadly, their answer didn't bring more details.
I still don't know what are the "standards" my app does not reach.
Any idea how could I get more detailed informations?

My goal here is to improve and change the necessary in my app to meet those Oculus store standards.
I attached a screen shot of the corresponding e-mail.

Regards,

mjw3uxqthakm.png
7 REPLIES 7

dev-test
Honored Guest
bump

Tadin
Heroic Explorer
You might want to try the Dev forum, this is a community forum and there are no Oculus support guys on here, at least in an official capacity.

kojack
MVP
MVP
I moved it to the dev board.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

PAalto
Expert Protege
I don't know what your app does, not what the actual internal Oculus Store guidelines are, but I remember there is this sentence in the store guidelines. Does this have any relation to your app?

"We generally do not accept applications that only present a small number of 2D videos, nor apps that are a wrapper for a single 360 video."
Working on LineWars VR: http://linewars.patrickaalto.com/LWVR.html

nat42
Explorer
Is this the app that Intel tweeted about, suggesting it could display 8K streaming 360 video in the Go? Carmack suggested 5K was as high as the Go could go, perhaps there were legitimate issues found in testing? Maybe not too much heating or not making frame rate?

Truthveyor
Expert Protege
@dev-test , did you get a more detailed feedback from the Oculus Submissions Team about what's wrong with the app or suggestions of what should be fixed?

Did you open a support ticket?  If you did, when did you open it?

dev-test
Honored Guest
Hi @Truthveyor, we've just opened a support ticket. Since it seems to be more related to product issues, we're not expecting much from there. We will post here any update we get.

@nat42 Indeed, this is from our technology. Here is an article about it:
https://www.svgeurope.org/blog/headlines/fa-cup-final-2019-bt-sport-trials-live-8k-virtual-reality-e...

@PAalto Our application contain way more than just one video.
We stream high quality 360VR productions with a low bitrate requirement.
Then, this guidelines are respected.