cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the hands mesh in Unity

Audiogamingdev
Honored Guest
Hello, 

We would like to change the hand model and try a full arm rendering, and as such we would like to replace the hands by our own model ?
Since the meshes are generated at runtime is it possible to replace the meshes at all? If yes do you have any pointers on how to do it?

Thank you for your answer!
14 REPLIES 14

CHE
Explorer
Could someone from Oculus please give me a guide on how to use a custom hand? i tried importing the hand in 3dsmax and change it a bit and export again, but when i do that the mesh goes bananas. How can i swap the hands from the example? 

abhiraman1998
Honored Guest
can anyone help me on how to change the hands of the oculus avatar. i made a new hand mesh and also made animations for the same but couldn't find any tutorial on how to change the hands

JBivBeats
Protege
@masterchop hand helper script?  Where would that be?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am using Unity VR Lightweight pipeline. The hands and controllers appear PINK.
How can I change its materials to lightweight standard so they appear? I cant find the hands materials as they are generated in runtime. Please help!

ItIsTheEnd
Honored Guest
Hi @REX_EU. you have just to go to the menu EDIT --> RenderPipeline -->  Upgrade project materials..  and everything will be fine