cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OculusTrcValidator fails and OculusDebugTool crashes

SamGondelman
Honored Guest
I am trying to test an app using the OculusTrcValidator before uploading it to the Oculus Store.  When I run the Validator:

$ ./OculusTrcValidator.exe --path "/c/Program\ Files/High\ Fidelity\interface.exe" -v

Almost all of the tests fail like this:

Starting TestSdkVersion
Sending message to OAF: {"requestData":{"wearing_hmd":true},"requestName":"/life_cycle/proximity_sensor","sequenceId":"128"}
Response from OAF: {"messageType":"RESPONSE","payload":{"value":"OK"},"payloadType":"PLAIN_STRING","sequenceId":"128","timestamp":"1540425588143"}

ERROR: Application launch was cancelled
ERROR: Setup test failed because application couldn't be started. HRESULT: 1223
Cleaning up...
Sending message to OAF: {"requestData":{"wearing_hmd":false},"requestName":"/life_cycle/proximity_sensor","sequenceId":"129"}
Response from OAF: {"messageType":"RESPONSE","payload":{"value":"OK"},"payloadType":"PLAIN_STRING","sequenceId":"129","timestamp":"1540425588219"}

Test FAILED

The same thing happens when I try to validate an app that I've downloaded from the Oculus Store, so it's not an issue with the application I'm testing.

I've tried to use the OculusDebugTool GUI to do it, but it crashes very quickly if I open "Validate App" and try to do anything (choose a file, select a test, run, etc.).

Does anyone have any advice?  Thank you.
24 REPLIES 24

blurryroots
Honored Guest
@imperativity Seems like I ran into the same issue. Would love to hear your insights.

JonasNeuston
Explorer
I have the same issue. Do you have some way to resolve it @imperativity?

JonasNeuston
Explorer
I haven't received any official response, but I figured out that I had SteamVR running and that turning it off solved this issue for me.

mikorigames
Protege
It crashes when i start the validation 

ExodusOTH
Explorer
@imperativity If you're still sending around this fix I would love it...