Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Oculus Utilities from 1.22 to 1.30

konzeptzwei
Explorer
@imperativity

Hello there!
I have some issues with my old Oculus integration and I want to upgrade to the newest version via the unity asset store. I already tested the new integration in a clean project and realised that the folder structure seems to be different than the old one. Everthing is now stored in the Oculus folder and not anymore in different OVR folders which is quite neat BUT i wonder how i am supposed to upgrade my old project without problems.

Thanks for your help!
Christopher

12 REPLIES 12

konzeptzwei
Explorer
@imperativity
well quite frankly i don't get the documentation exactly. i have the folders but the content i have to delete isn't there.

Folder

Content to Delete

Assets/Plugins

Oculus.*

OVR.*

Assets/Plugins/Android/

*Oculus*

AndroidManifest.xml

I have none of those subfolders/ files in their respective folders...

I have folders in the assets folder like: OculusPlatform, OVR, Ovr Avatar, Ovr Harness and OVRInspector that do not get adressed at all in the documentation you're mentioning.

now i am even more confused. it's late in germany and i wonder what i don't get?

EtienneArchamba
Explorer
I just want to add my voice to this question since I have the exact same question! I think the documentation requires some updates. t seems to predate the now obsolete file structure.
Thanks for addressing this!

konzeptzwei
Explorer
@imperativity
i (we?) would really appreciate that. development is pretty much coming to a halt right now...

konzeptzwei
Explorer
@imperativity
any news on the issue? to clarify my "old" installation was oculus utilities version 1.22 so just tell me what i have to do to update to 1.3X!

EtienneArchamba
Explorer
@imperativity
sorry to stack the flags, but clarification on this front would be really appreciated!

konzeptzwei
Explorer
@imperativity any news? it's now over three weeks...what's going on? I really need to upgrade NOW! If there is NO way to upgrade I will do the implementation from scratch which will burn a lot of time but it's better than to be in this limbo state! so please come back to us and give us a strategy here!

konzeptzwei
Explorer
@imperativity
hello there! any news? do i have to send you the 1.22 project so that YOU can check it out? just drop me a line...

I'm having similar issues. New projects have Oculus Utilities 1.31, however, in my old project I'm stuck at 1.29. Perhaps the reason may have to do with the Oculus Integration package we are using. The new projects are using the latest Oculus Integration, but my older project is based on an older version. I need to find out how to upgrade to the latest Oculus Integration; simply re-importing it didn't work. I'm going to open a new thread to ask how to upgrade a project to the latest version of Oculus Integration. 

btelman
Explorer

I was able to get it a build to the device from 1.21, but it shows a black screen before the splash screen and is spamming logs about this.

"W/TimeWarp: WarpToScreen: Nothing valid to draw"

Running an empty scene in the same project does the same thing.

Running a new project with only Oculus Utilities works with the same unity version.

Upgrading project to 2017.4.X (2017.4.15f1 specifically, but any 2017.4 might do it) makes the current project with issues work again with minor issues.

Old setup
Unity v2017.3.0f3, Oculus Utilities v1.21.0, OVRPlugin v1.21.0, SDK v1.1.11.0