cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APK is signed with Signature Scheme V3, which is not yet supported.

Inpu
Protege
Hi,

I have this error since this morning using the command tool to upload APKs. It was working fine yesterday. I've always been using the same build and project since the beginning. Is something going on ?

It seems I'm not the only one (https://forum.unity.com/threads/apk-is-signed-with-signature-scheme-v3-which-is-not-yet-supported-oculus-platform.613405/).

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Inpu
Protege
There's more people impacted by the hours on the Unity thread. For some a Gradle build is working, but I'm unable to make a Gradle build for some reason. Please help 😞

Inpu
Protege
Managed to make a Gradle build, but now it's telling me that I should use the same key as for my previous build, so I guess that won't be an option !

wraithwon
Explorer
I am having the exact same issue. Just uploaded fine a day or two ago, nothing changed in my process.

Inpu
Protege
I finally made it work using jarsigner thanks to a tips on the Unity topic ! Today has been a crazy ride for many dev it seems 😕

davidppp
Honored Guest
We were able to successfully avoid this error by uploading an apk built with Gradle (via Unity Build Settings).

wraithwon
Explorer
I switched from internal to gradle and it started letting me upload again. The real mystery is why did this suddenly started happening despite no change in my build process or unity version?

PS: I was getting a weird MIPS architecture error when I switched to gradle that caused it to fail to build. I went in an renamed (or delete) my android ndk folder and it fixed that error.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Experience the same . I thought this had to do with my Java SDK update to V1.8.0_202 which i did before the build . Did you guys update ( or let it autoupdate ) Java too before ?
Anyways - i was able to fix my issue by using the jarsigner ( from the JDK bin folder ) to resign the apk with V1 scheme.
The syntax ( commandline, though i made a batch script which lets me drag and drop the apk onto it ) for this would be:
jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore <KEYSTORE> -storepass <STOREPWD> -keypass <KEYPWD> <APKFILE> <ALIASNAME>
The parts in bold ( including the enclosing  <...> ) should of course be replaced with your specific values

mouse_bear
Retired Support
Thanks for the heads up, I've notified our engineering team and will update you all here once there is progress.

Metal_Multiball
Heroic Explorer

spacefrog said:

jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore <KEYSTORE> -storepass <STOREPWD> -keypass <KEYPWD> <APKFILE> <ALIASNAME>
Thank you spacefrog, you are awesome.
Your workaround worked for me.