Can I edit LocalAvatar in Unity? — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Can I edit LocalAvatar in Unity?

Hello!
I want to customize my avatar (e.g adding bracers to hands). Is there anyway to show the avatar in the scene view for editing?
Thanks!

Best Answer

• FocusVRGamesFocusVRGames Posts: 74 Oculus Start Member
    Accepted Answer
    Hi

I haven't come across that but this is what I do to attached things to the hands.

Drag the bracelet Game Object as a child of the left/right hand, set its position to 0,0,0 same with rotation.

Then launch the app so you can see the hands, adjust the position and rotation while its running so you get visual feedback, once happy with the position just copy the bracelets transform component, stop the app and then paste the copied transform onto the bracelets, this will position the bracelets correctly and move as expected with the hands.

Hope that helps
    Mike

Answers

• treeviewstudiostreeviewstudios Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    MickyX said:
    Hi

I haven't come across that but this is what I do to attached things to the hands.

Drag the bracelet Game Object as a child of the left/right hand, set its position to 0,0,0 same with rotation.

Then launch the app so you can see the hands, adjust the position and rotation while its running so you get visual feedback, once happy with the position just copy the bracelets transform component, stop the app and then paste the copied transform onto the bracelets, this will position the bracelets correctly and move as expected with the hands.

Hope that helps
    Mike
    a nice plus, make that a generic object, use scriptable object to make it customizable, in a cleaner way :)