cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO Permission screen shows package name instead of game name

EchoExclusive
Explorer
Hi,
I have sideloaded an apk file of my game that has an ALPHA on the oculus release channel. My game has Oculus Avatars, so there will be a permission page asking if "This [game name] can access your microphone".  The problem is the [game name] is showing my package name instead of my game name. How do I change it so it will show the game name? 
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not completely sure but I would check the AndroidManifest.xml.  This is where the permissions dialogue is handled.  As far as I know it is only referenced when you build, so you'll have to rebuild to test which is a pain.  You can handle the permissions individually or if your app doesn't need them, remove them.  There is also probably a section for the app name.  Worth a shot hope it helps.  The manifest is found in the android plugins or vice versa.

EchoExclusive
Explorer
Thank you JacksonGordon. I'll take a look at it sometime next week and let you know if anything changed

EchoExclusive
Explorer
I still wasn't able to figure it, but thank you for the help @JacksonGordon!

Anonymous
Not applicable
@EldonVR Try to look at the player settings before you build, I think there is a field on the right side of unity in player settings, under publishing settings, that you can set your name.  I think it defaults to package name, that might fix it.  Sorry I'm also fairly new, trying to remember where that is set.

EchoExclusive
Explorer
Just letting you know I still haven't solved it. I removed the Avatar part since it doesn't really affect my gameplay so as a temporary solution there are no Allow Permission screen

Anonymous
Not applicable
It might just be from sideloading it onto the device honestly, and if you released through oculus or play or iOs there would be fields that handle the name.  I wouldn't worry about the title/package name while in development still to be honest.

EchoExclusive
Explorer
That's a good point! The reason I was concerned was because it was for a Unity Challenge and I had to submit a apk for them to sideload.
By the way, should I close this issue since it's been a while, or is it okay to keep this open?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it's fine to keep open until definitively answered by a staff member, or someone more official than me.

drash
Heroic Explorer
I know it's been a few months, but I'm curious if anyone found a solution to this?