cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the new voice visualization working? Is it sent as part of the Pose?

Heaney-555
Heroic Explorer
Hi. So we have an app with Oculus Avatars and Oculus Platform VOIP with the Spatializer working, however I don't see the mouth moving.

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/avatarsdk/latest/concepts/avatars-gsg-unity-mobile/#avata...

I have the following in the mic filter for VOIP:

localAvatar.UpdateVoiceVisualization(floats);

And after reading in remote packets I have the following:

remoteAvatar.VoiceAmplitude = Mathf.Clamp(voipAudioSource.peakAmplitude, 0f, 1f);

Should this not result in the mouth moving? Or am I missing something?
5 REPLIES 5

MikeF
Trustee
make sure you're using the mobile shader as its not currently working with the pc shader

Heaney-555
Heroic Explorer
Is there any way to force the mobile shader to be used on PC?

MikeF
Trustee
you might be able to set it in the ovrAvatar component inspector shader overrides, but if that doesnt work you can open up OvrAvatarSkinnedMeshPBSV2RenderComponent.cs and change 
var singleComponentShader = "OvrAvatar/Avatar_PC_SingleComponent";
to var singleComponentShader = "OvrAvatar/Avatar_Mobile_SingleComponent";

cloud_canvas
Expert Protege
Hi @Heaney-555 , did you determine if the mouth vertex is sent as part of the pose packet? I am currently trying to determine this myself. I'm using a different VoIP client and I'm networking everything through Photon, so I'm trying to figure out if I can get away with just locally driving the .VoiceAmplitude field and then having Photon sweep it up as part of the ovrAvatar packet serialization.
Samsung Galaxy S8 (Snapdragon 835), Gear VR (2017), Oculus Go (64GB), Unity 2018.3.14f1

Ross_Beef
Heroic Explorer
Hey folks, wanted to link to the latest update that's rolling out shortly in early access mode. We'll be moving away from amplitude driven vertex movement and toward blendshapes, for a richer and more consistent avatar performance. Link to my recent post here