cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very interactive, polished and loved game approved for keys-only

paramlabs
Protege
Dear Oculus team , @cybereality

Our App "Carnival" - App id 2165888976801435 Bundle id com.pl.carnivalvr has been approved for keys only.
Please note that this app is way more polished, interactive and fun with superb graphics, audio, gameplay as compared to our earlier approved apps.

Maybe it might have been keys-only as it was missing trailer which we are going to upload very soon. Also if there are any changes required, we are ready to do but this on has to go on store as a big team has worked for months for making game assets, models, logic, physics and so on. We had done manual beta with many users by sharing the build and they all were pretty impressed.

We sincerely request you to review once again and if there is anything we could do to make it live on store.

Entire team of game developers and artists will be awaiting your response.

Thanks
Tushar
29 REPLIES 29

paramlabs
Protege
o7mau4bnac01.png
This is the game. Requesting you to provide info on why is it approved for keys-only? This picture is from game itself. We have very interesting game play, graphics, interactions and perfectly working game.

paramlabs
Protege
Why no oculus staff is helping? We are working on Oculus platform since 2016 but still the support is still same. No emails received at any status change during approval cycle. No emails received upon keys-only approval. No reason provided anywhere. No response from submissions@oculus.com No response on direct message on forum from oculus staff. Why leaving developers in limbo? How developers will be encouraged to continue developing for Oculus Rift, Go or even Quest in future? You need developers too, isn't it? We have "Featured" Apps in Daydream platform even with apps using Google worldsense on Lenovo Mirage solo, how will you keep developers on oculus when you are totally not communicating with people who worked very hard to give polished apps?Our apps never fail at technical review in first attempt as we clearly know Oculus standard so then why block us with keys-only and most importantly, why no feedback or any email at all? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it goes to "keys only" before the publishing review.  We are having the same issue, we submitted but it says approved for keys only.  I think this is just the preliminary step to going on the store, and they should contact us about a publishing date via e-mail.  Did this just happen? I'm hoping to hear back about the publishing ASAP (hopefully today).

edit: I see we are on about the same timeline, I submitted Monday, I see your post is about the same time.  I think if we (you and I) just wait a bit longer it should go to the store, and we'll hear from Oculus via E-mail.  Pretty sure.  Maybe
@NinjaGaijin can confirm or deny, I know he's pretty busy though.

motorsep
Rising Star
Well, "Very interactive, polished and loved game " can be quite subjective. There are too many of those kind of games for VR already. VR needs fully fledged games, not just throw-away casual games, however quality/loving/polished they are.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@motorsep have you published things in the store before?  I'm wondering if it goes to keys only as the preliminary step to publishing?  This is our first release so I'm not sure, really hoping that's the case.

motorsep
Rising Star

@motorsep have you published things in the store before?  I'm wondering if it goes to keys only as the preliminary step to publishing?  This is our first release so I'm not sure, really hoping that's the case.

I did and it went straight to the Gallery. I've never heard about keys-only before the release. Usually it means they don't really think it's a game that needs to be on the store, if they make it keys-only.

As a developer, last thing I want to see is Oculus Store turning into Steam.

Anonymous
Not applicable

motorsep said:

I did and it went straight to the Gallery. I've never heard about keys-only before the release. Usually it means they don't really think it's a game that needs to be on the store, if they make it keys-only.

As a developer, last thing I want to see is Oculus Store turning into Steam.

Hmm, I hope that's not the case.  Ours is a safety training app, not really a game.  It would be a limited audience to be sure, but kind of a utility function.  Well thanks for the feedback @motorsep, I'll keep my fingers crossed. 

I agree I don't want it to turn into steam, we just need something on the store to be able to demonstrate to potential clients, and have something easily accessible and readily available.

motorsep
Rising Star

Hmm, I hope that's not the case.  Ours is a safety training app, not really a game.  It would be a limited audience to be sure, but kind of a utility function.  Well thanks for the feedback @motorsep, I'll keep my fingers crossed. 

I agree I don't want it to turn into steam, we just need something on the store to be able to demonstrate to potential clients, and have something easily accessible and readily available.

I actually thought about this kind of scenario (making an app for a client) and I think keys-only is the best way to go. It help concealing your app from the public (since you are making it for a client and not the public) and makes it easier for your client to get up and running (they don't have to search the store). So from my pov, keys-only is a way better when dealing with b2b applications.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@motorsep
Yeah I agree, the only problem is some of our clients aren't very tech savvy and entering a 25 digit key after navigating to the place where to enter said key can actually be problematic.  The keys only would be completely fine if not for the ease of use, and some of our potential clients lack of tech skills.  I know it's a small problem and relatively unique to our field, so hopefully we can get this one app on the store and use keys for B2B when able, which we've done with other clients and it has worked fine.