cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

casting unity project oculus go

superheavymetal
Explorer
i used free unity and built a project from a tutorial. it turned out good but i can't cast it to my phone from my oculus go. how do i enable casting?

4 REPLIES 4

andy_speirs_969
Protege
I’m having the same problem, headset says can’t cast outside of headset when I try? And the recordings I make with the recorder on the go won’t play on my computer when I import them, only solution I’ve got for showing of unity in vr  is to render out a panoramic image and upload to veer / Facebook etc as a 360 photo, in veer  you can view it in vr from the go app.

Anonymous
Not applicable
You might need to enable "developer mode."  This is done on the mobile app on your phone under device settings.  There should be a little cast icon on the bottom menu once this is done.  Hope this helps!  The video compression was a little rough, and we were trying to then cast to a TV, which was unviable at this point.  Just to phone should work ok though!

CreaGO
Honored Guest
Same problem, but i think it is not possible to cast an unpublished build.
I really hope they would do it in a near future because i need it too, but searching around there is not an official way to do it at the moment.

syeddanishdev
Honored Guest

I’m having the same problem, headset says can’t cast outside of headset when I try? And the recordings I make with the recorder on the go won’t play on my computer when I import them, only solution I’ve got for showing of unity in vr  is to render out a panoramic image and upload to veer / Facebook etc as a 360 photo, in veer  you can view it in vr from the go app.

For video recording issue you can use adb pull request for specific video then it will be played on your PC in any video player. Otherwise, copy and paste will not let you play the video. It is still an issue from Oculus.