cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avatar packets do not fully reproduce the player hand and controller poses

yotamh
Honored Guest
Hi, I am trying to integrate the Avatar SDK using the Platform SDK to transmit the Avatar packets between 2 players using the Unity engine. in the case where one has a Rift and the other has a Gear VR or Oculus GO. in the Rift I see the other player not holding a Controller, the hand is being used as it might be using a touch. although in the other case the tracked remote player sees the Rift player using a hand and the hand poses are being reproduced correctly. also when I transmit the packets between 2 rift players the hand does not change poses. does anyone here know what could be the likely culprits of this behavior? 
Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is just a guess, but often the controller is handled on a local system check, so your system might be checking it's own platform and then applying that platform setting to the other player.

yotamh
Honored Guest
it makes sense and I do see some checks for OVRInput in the Avatar SDK to recognize what is connected but I didn't dive deep enough to find why in the case of a Gear and Rift being connected the Gear player correctly sees the Rift player using hands. so if it was completely reliant on a local system check I should have seen the Rift player holding a tracked device on the Gear.