cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very interactive, polished and loved game approved for keys-only

paramlabs
Protege
Dear Oculus team , @cybereality

Our App "Carnival" - App id 2165888976801435 Bundle id com.pl.carnivalvr has been approved for keys only.
Please note that this app is way more polished, interactive and fun with superb graphics, audio, gameplay as compared to our earlier approved apps.

Maybe it might have been keys-only as it was missing trailer which we are going to upload very soon. Also if there are any changes required, we are ready to do but this on has to go on store as a big team has worked for months for making game assets, models, logic, physics and so on. We had done manual beta with many users by sharing the build and they all were pretty impressed.

We sincerely request you to review once again and if there is anything we could do to make it live on store.

Entire team of game developers and artists will be awaiting your response.

Thanks
Tushar
29 REPLIES 29

sheafnl
Honored Guest
I've had the same happen to my Rift experience. No e-mail, no explanation, no replies to a request for more information, no indication if it can be salvaged or if the basic concept is not good enough to begin with. At least I can still port it to the Vive and release it on Steam. But when you made something for the Go and you get "keys only" it's basically over for your project. 

Despite this I still started to work on a game for the Go because I really love the headset and VR development, but after seeing this thread I think I'm going to scrap it while it's still early stages. If something as polished as Carnival gets rejected then it seems getting on the store is a matter of rolling the dice, and doesn't necessarily have all that much to do with making a decent product (assuming the screenshot you showed is indicative of the overall level of quality).

Well, at least this solves the mystery of why there is not a lot of content on the Go, even though there seem to be many VR developers

motorsep
Rising Star
It's not over for your project, if it gets approved as "keys only". If you get keys, you can sell those keys anywhere you can. 

I don't get you people.. VR isn't another smartphone platform. It's like a new console platform. Make solid games,with some substance, with story and interesting gameplay mechanics utilizing VR. That's what people want. If you were to release something like Carnival a few years ago, you'd be featured on the front page. Nowadays people don't care and Oculus need to move platform forward (preferably making profit). I, as a gamer, don't want to have store full of these kind of games.

paramlabs
Protege

motorsep said:

It's not over for your project, if it gets approved as "keys only". If you get keys, you can sell those keys anywhere you can. 

I don't get you people.. VR isn't another smartphone platform. It's like a new console platform. Make solid games,with some substance, with story and interesting gameplay mechanics utilizing VR. That's what people want. If you were to release something like Carnival a few years ago, you'd be featured on the front page. Nowadays people don't care and Oculus need to move platform forward (preferably making profit). I, as a gamer, don't want to have store full of these kind of games.

@motorsep
We are a team of VR Professionals with presence in 3 countries and we have plenty of client work to showcase. Why don't you spend a minute to visit our website and social media  pages to know our capabilities. You lied about your game published on Oculus store so but you stand exposed on this forum. At least we have Oculus approved Game and Google Daydream Featured Apps. We are doing VR from Oculus DK times so just stop random posts on such a forum just to earn badges.

paramlabs
Protege
@motorsep 
I want you to wait for 2 weeks and this game will be on store. We have already completed final development sprint and trailer is also prepared which was missing in earlier submission. Our game is way better than a lot of trash on store currently

paramlabs
Protege

dmeffert said:

I've had the same happen to my Rift experience. No e-mail, no explanation, no replies to a request for more information, no indication if it can be salvaged or if the basic concept is not good enough to begin with. At least I can still port it to the Vive and release it on Steam. But when you made something for the Go and you get "keys only" it's basically over for your project. 

Despite this I still started to work on a game for the Go because I really love the headset and VR development, but after seeing this thread I think I'm going to scrap it while it's still early stages. If something as polished as Carnival gets rejected then it seems getting on the store is a matter of rolling the dice, and doesn't necessarily have all that much to do with making a decent product (assuming the screenshot you showed is indicative of the overall level of quality).

Well, at least this solves the mystery of why there is not a lot of content on the Go, even though there seem to be many VR developers

Yes, dear the screenshot is from the game only. It has 5 different Carnival games at this moment and we had plans to keep adding more. I will share the trailer of game so it will be more clear. One reason we could think of is that since we kept it free, it might have been an issue for Oculus but it does not have any option to change from Free to paid now.

Truthveyor
Expert Protege
@paramlabs , have you gotten a more detailed feedback from the Oculus Submissions Team yet?

Have you opened a support ticket?

I'm in the same boat as you are, by the way.  You can see my Forum post here:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/73742/looking-for-input-whats-wrong-with-my-game

My game is approved for KEYS ONLY as of Feb 21, and I'm trying to get a more detailed feedback, so I can fix the problems. If I don't get this feedback, I can only guess what the problems are, and I can spend a lot of time and money trying to fix A, when it's B that is considered not good enough.

I think GOOD COMMUNICATION between the game developers and the Oculus Submissions Team is important.

paramlabs
Protege

@paramlabs , have you gotten a more detailed feedback from the Oculus Submissions Team yet?

Have you opened a support ticket?

I'm in the same boat as you are, by the way.  You can see my Forum post here:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/73742/looking-for-input-whats-wrong-with-my-game

My game is approved for KEYS ONLY as of Feb 21, and I'm trying to get a more detailed feedback, so I can fix the problems. If I don't get this feedback, I can only guess what the problems are, and I can spend a lot of time and money trying to fix A, when it's B that is considered not good enough.

I think GOOD COMMUNICATION between the game developers and the Oculus Submissions Team is important.

We are working on adding more games inside our Carnival experience. We are also giving final touches to our trailer as I believe missing the trailer was a huge mistake we did. I will keep posted here.

Truthveyor
Expert Protege
@paramlabs , yes, I think a good trailer is a must.

Also, I was told that the Oculus Submissions Team is very busy, which is understandable, so my suggestion is to make sure the game gives a very good first impression. A good trailer of course is part of that first impression.

dvnelson72
Explorer
Want to chime in here.

we develop sports training software.  Our baseball eye training and lacrosse goalie eye training became keys only.

the reason they gave us was we wanted to charge too much (29).  If they had said only games are allowed, it would have been an easier pill to swallow.

regardless, the gatekeeper part of the equation really p-ssed me off.  It seemed arbitrary and they could not point to any specific reason in their terms and conditions.

IMO - they really need to have specific content rules, or allow for a pre-approval process.

it didn’t affect my sales, but if someone spends capital and is relying on the store, they are screwed.

in the end, the same is going to happen on the Quest, I assume.

therewillbebrad
Honored Guest
Your only promotion for your VR game is a single screenshot?

Also the audience for most VR games is working adults with spare income. So I'm not sure on why there are so many carnival games out there.