cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GO] UE 4.21.2 + 1.34 app instantly closes after launch

motorsep
Rising Star
I moved from UE 4.21.1 + 1.32 to UE 4.21.2 + 1.34. Everything works fine when using UE 4.21.1.

First there were issues with Audio SDK which prevented UE4 from even packaging the project. Oculus fixed that in timely fashion, which I am grateful for.

Now it's this:

02-14 18:14:00.750  3546  3563 D UE4     : Fatal error: [File:E:\UE4Source\UE-oculus-4212-release-1340\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformProcess.cpp] [Line: 45] 
02-14 18:14:00.750  3546  3563 D UE4     : FPlatformProcess::GetDllExport not implemented on this platform
02-14 18:14:00.750  3546  3563 D UE4     : Assertion failed:  [File:E:\UE4Source\UE-oculus-4212-release-1340\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformProcess.cpp] [Line: 45] 
02-14 18:14:00.750  3546  3563 D UE4     : FPlatformProcess::GetDllExport not implemented on this platform
02-14 18:14:00.750  3546  3563 D UE4     : LogAndroid: Error: === Critical error: ===

Basically as soon as I launch my app on Go, it goes into black screen and instantly shuts down.

Has anyone experienced such issue ? 

16 REPLIES 16

motorsep
Rising Star
@NinjaGaijin ^^ I submitted a bug report for that last night  🙂

motorsep
Rising Star
I wonder if no one even using 4.21.2 + 1.34 currently 😕

IanSharar22
Protege

motorsep said:

I'm not, will be soon though once I finish all of the updates for my current game. 

I'm of the mindset to not transfer projects to newer versions of ue4. I know you CAN, but all I ever see are problems lol. Is there no reason you can't just finish it in 4.21.1? My current game is still using 4.16 lol, everything would stop working if i tried it in 4.21 

motorsep
Rising Star

iansharar said:

motorsep said:

I'm not, will be soon though once I finish all of the updates for my current game. 

I'm of the mindset to not transfer projects to newer versions of ue4. I know you CAN, but all I ever see are problems lol. Is there no reason you can't just finish it in 4.21.1? My current game is still using 4.16 lol, everything would stop working if i tried it in 4.21 

That's actually a mistake, since UE4 keeps making things better for VR with every release. On top of that if no one tests newer version, Oculus/Epic will not know about bugs. That's actually the case with mobile VR and UE4 - only a few people use UE4 for mobile VR and even less people report bugs. Thus we have lingering bugs in the engine related to mobile VR.

Also, if you are on 4.16, you are lacking a ton of performance and functionality improvements, especially in Audio/Platform departments.

My project is still in the very early stages where I can afford to update to most recent version.

IanSharar22
Protege

motorsep said:

iansharar said:

motorsep said:

That's actually a mistake, since UE4 keeps making things better for VR with every release. On top of that if no one tests newer version, Oculus/Epic will not know about bugs. That's actually the case with mobile VR and UE4 - only a few people use UE4 for mobile VR and even less people report bugs. Thus we have lingering bugs in the engine related to mobile VR.

Also, if you are on 4.16, you are lacking a ton of performance and functionality improvements, especially in Audio/Platform departments.

My project is still in the very early stages where I can afford to update to most recent version.

If I was a better programmer or had the time, I'd agree with you. I'm a one man team that does this in my free time.  For me, the best option is to not mess with it. I don't have the time to fix half of my code lol. a large part of that stems from using plugins that wouldnt transfer well. Besides, at this point, I'm almost done. by the end of the month I'll be using the newest versions with you! 

Neontop
Heroic Explorer
@motorsep, I'm using ue 4.21.2 plus 1.34. From the Oculus distribution  but only with Rift.
Sometime I don't now why my game is crashing also without warning even if the build was good.
When this is happening I delete all the files in my project and keep only:
Config
Source
Content
Plugin
xx.upropject
 Re-generate VS project file and rebuild all.

motorsep
Rising Star
@Neontop

You wouldn't have any issues with Rift, because it builds DLL for Windows. In my case, it also builds DLL for Android, which isn't how it works. I think it's still issue with new Audio SDK.

Neontop
Heroic Explorer
I tried recently the template of @beaulima9933 v5.1 with the Oculus dis ue 4.21.2 and I have to flag false the Oculus Audio plugin has it crash the template on launch. 
Good luck.

motorsep
Rising Star

Neontop said:

I tried recently the template of @beaulima9933 v5.1 with the Oculus dis ue 4.21.2 and I have to flag false the Oculus Audio plugin has it crash the template on launch. 
Good luck.

Well, that defeats the purpose of using the new build of UE4 - I'd like to have 1.34 Audio SDK with new occlusions and stuff.