cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I have a question I'm hoping someone in the Forum can help me with. It has to do with importing

FrankDeStefano
Honored Guest
When I find files to import from SketchFab or other places, by the time I've  changed them to *.glb files the file size is too large.  Occulus gives me an error the file size limit is 15meg, however almost everything I download is larger than 15mb.  Is there a way to increase the file size limit? 
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would try to put it in developer mode if you haven't.  This is done from the device connected and associated with the Go (probably your phone), in the Oculus app, under device settings.  Hope that helps!

FrankDeStefano
Honored Guest
Hi JacksonGordon!  Thanks for getting back to me.  I don't understand "associated with the Go in the Occulus App.  My Occulus app is on a pretty high powered gaming machine.  However under Occulus settings I don't see anything that says "Go" or developer mode.  Can you explain further?

FrankDeStefano
Honored Guest
 I don't understand what you mean by "associated with the Go in the Occulus App to enable developer mode.  My Occulus app is on a pretty high powered gaming machine, not a phone.  Do I need developer software or some attachment that doesn't come with Occulus Rift software?  Instructions are to just put your imported gbl file in the c:/Occulus Home/import folder.  I can import items less than 15meg.  If I leave out texture and color I can get some imports to work, but most not.  The objects Occulus uses must be more than 15meg.   Under Occulus settings I don't see anything that says "Go" or developer mode.  Can you explain further?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ohhh you are on the Rift, my mistake.  My advice was for the Go device.  Have you tried to open the Rift's memory in the file explorer as if it were a drive?  I'll do some troubleshooting if I can w/ the Rift and get back to you.

FrankDeStefano
Honored Guest
No, I'm sorry, you know I've been using Occulus Rift for more than a year, my family bought it for me for a retirement gift.  My fascination with 3D rendering I guess.  Been fascinated with 3D rendering, 3D printing, and VR!  But, I don't know anything about how to develop except maybe with Sketchup or Solidworks, Meshmixer some of those softwares.  Someone gave me the idea of using Sketchfab to download files and import to VR.  I get the idea I can build or acquire my own 3D images, but trying to learn how to import them into to VR.  I don't know how to access the Occulus memory, I'll try to research though.  Thanks for your help.  If you do learn anything further about it, please do share!