cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a file size limit that the Go can download?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Our app is going to have some video content associated with it.  I can successfully download all the videos we've uploaded to our server, besides one.  I was wondering if there is a hard limit on file size for downloads?  The 1.4gb video works successfully, but the 1.9 gb video fails with a Win32 I/O exception- which leads me to believe 1.5gb might be a hard cap for app downloads?  I was able to sideload the same video both to the Go, and our local app data on the Go, and that worked fine.  It seems to be a download constraint, but I haven't been able to find any reference to this.  Anyone else have this issue, or know if there is a cap?  Thanks in advance!
@NinjaGaijin

6 REPLIES 6

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@JacksonGordon Are you using expansion files for your videos?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got it to work after updating my drivers... which doesn't really make sense to me but I'll take it!  They aren't expansion files just .mp4.  My co-worker set up the downloads to go in 20MB chunks, however.

mouse_bear
Retired Support
Glad to hear you got it to work! Which drivers did you update?

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was via Windows device manager -> portable devices -> headset -> update drivers -> choose from a list -> MTP usb -> then it worked... But does that somehow update the headset?  My confusion was the solution seemed to be completely separate from the device or server.

mouse_bear
Retired Support
Thanks for the info - you seem to have updated your MTP USB drivers, which would affect data transfer between PC and your Oculus Go.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, but the app was downloading the file remotely from a server (I think).  It might have to do with how we have our downloads set up specifically, though.  I'm just happy it's working!  Also, thanks for the quick response/ feedback, very much appreciated!  I'll look into expansion files more, it looks like that is a better solution for large files.