cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which should I be using now in Unity Oculus Integration, Oculus Utilities, or both

MPeters-xw
Honored Guest
I'm kind of confused as to what I need to be using when developing in Unity, as far as I can tell The current Oculus Integration on the Unity Store is supposed to be the combination of some of the SDK downloads here, kind of a single source for all.  When I go through different blog posts or YouTube videos (both official and otherwise for both) there's a lot of reference to Utilities, and the scripts that they reference are not part of the Integration.  Obviously, since utilities are still listed as a download here, I could always just use that, but I also see that it's not going to be updated, only the stuff on the unity store is which is just Integration.  So I suppose I should learn the new stuff, but the materials I'm using to learn with are not "translating" well.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@MPeters-xw Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

The Oculus Integration package in the Unity Asset Store is what you're looking for, as it now contains all of the packages you need. Previously, these packages were independent (Avatars, Platform, Utilities, Framework, etc.), but now it's been simplified to one package (allowing you to pick and choose what to import).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

BloodyOculus
Protege
use the integration it has most of the old stuff from what i noticed only difference is they re organized everything into different folders but im also kinda new, so i could be wrong ... but anyway i got a couple objects into unity and im able to pick them up and stuff so im makeing progress ... if you need help on anything u can message me whenever you want

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@MPeters-xw Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

The Oculus Integration package in the Unity Asset Store is what you're looking for, as it now contains all of the packages you need. Previously, these packages were independent (Avatars, Platform, Utilities, Framework, etc.), but now it's been simplified to one package (allowing you to pick and choose what to import).

MPeters-xw
Honored Guest
@NinjaGaijin could you look over the blog post "Easy Controller Selection" I'm having issues following the directions as typed out with where I can find assets. In particular OVRPointerVisualizer.cs file. I don't see it in the package.

Edited message based on the suggestion below.

Anonymous
Not applicable

NinjaGaijin, could you look over the blog post "Easy Controller Selection" I'm having issues following the directions as typed out with where I can find assets. In particular OVRPointerVisualizer.cs file. I don't see it in the package.
"use the little @NinjaGaijin
to summon him"

MPeters-xw
Honored Guest
@NinjaGaijin It's been a few weeks since I made this post, I'm still trying to find out what happened to the OVRPointerVisualizer.cs file as described in the blog.  I'm just trying to do some basic stuff here (as I'm newish to the development arena), so the concept of "Easy controller selection" seems like a good way to go about it, just it's not so easy right now.

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@MPeters-xw Thanks for your patience with this! There is a Unity Package you can download (split into three parts) that contains this script here: https://developer.oculus.com/blog/easy-controller-selection/