cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Oculus Go] Disable sleep mode or disable "Enter VR" screen

buffalonationsm
Honored Guest

Looking for a way to disable the "Enter VR" screen when the device wakes from sleep (since we don't want visitors using the remote and exiting the running video). Is this possible?

Alternatively I've tried to cover the proximity sensor but the device still goes to sleep in 5 minutes if there's no movement. Can I disable the sleep mode or adjust the time it takes to trigger sleep mode in a config file somewhere?

I am using "Samsumg VR Videos" app with a sideloaded video but I am open to other suggestions to accomplish the goal of a "kiosk mode" that simply loops a video when visitors put on the Go (no button pressing required).

28 REPLIES 28

jedon_carter
Honored Guest
@imperativity hello, the new power saving mode on the phone helps my issue but is there a way for me to access that through code in Unity?

jedon_carter
Honored Guest
@imperativity do you know if there is a roadmap for when we can access this? I need to keep the headset on while a download occurs and dont want to depend on the user to keep it on their face. Also thanks for the response

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a way to disable the "Enter VR" screen when the device wakes from sleep (since we don't want visitors using the remote and exiting the running video). Is this possible?

You can close this screen and continue to the experience without the controller by pressing the volume button.
Please note: the controller will not be calibrated and therefore can appear pointing in a very strange direction
(I am not sure though whether this only works in developer mode)

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer

VR-Lab-nl said:

You can close this screen and continue to the experience without the controller by pressing the volume button.
Please note: the controller will not be calibrated and therefore can appear pointing in a very strange direction
(I am not sure though whether this only works in developer mode)

You are correct, you must have developer mode enabled to bypass the controller orientation screen using the volume buttons.
Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.

ruud3DV
Protege
Oculus Go standby timer can now be set in Oculus Go Settings > See All > Power !
And can be set to 'Never' to disable it. Finally, awesome!

lpug21
Honored Guest

ruud3DV said:

Oculus Go standby timer can now be set in Oculus Go Settings > See All > Power !
And can be set to 'Never' to disable it. Finally, awesome!

Aaaand this functionality has been reverted?  Tried this and it worked as of last week, and upon trying it today (after factory resetting the Go and pairing it to a new phone), the maximum option available is 15 Minutes.  

Updating the new phone now (Galaxy S7, was prior tested on a S8), will report back if this restores the functionality.  

Takeawalker
Honored Guest

lpug21 said:
Aaaand this functionality has been reverted?  Tried this and it worked as of last week, and upon trying it today (after factory resetting the Go and pairing it to a new phone), the maximum option available is 15 Minutes.  

Updating the new phone now (Galaxy S7, was prior tested on a S8), will report back if this restores the functionality.  

It would seem that the functionality has indeed been reverted... I'm having the same problem.

ovos
Honored Guest
@Oculus can you please overthink your decision of the revert of this feature? You give us developers a real hard time if you implement something we rely on, promise customers that we can do stuff and in the middle of the project you take away this feature. Kick out the option to disable "automatic activate" instead, really who needs a headset that does not activates itself if you put in on you head?  

karelvdz
Honored Guest
@OculusSupport I'm having issues with a big client, he wants a video to run constantly on an exhibition. When we bought 3 Oculus GO models, we could set the sleep mode on "Never". Since the updates the option is not available. This creates a lot of problems. Please can you let us know if there's a alternative solution? Looks like more people want this options to be available again.

vanderfeest
Honored Guest
Everyone here: I posted my solution (needs an always on computer on the same network) on https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/65923/disabling-the-enter-vr-message