cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HydraDeck - Hydra motion controls (Updated)

Teddy0k
Explorer
Hello folks,

I've come up with a novel controls system using the Razer Hydra and made a few demos with it;

I've now ported this same code to Unity! If you'd like to add this to your project, you can download the scripts here;
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1KRnJKwYT-0VllyNGlRQkdHeUE/edit?usp=sharing

To set it up you only need to;

1) Install the Sixsense unity plugin (http://u3d.as/content/sixense-studios/sixense-unity-plug-in/4pA)
2) Add the SixenseInput prefab to your scene
2) Install the HydraDeck_Unity.unitypackage
3) Add the Hydradeck\HydraDeckPlayerController prefab to your scene
4) (optional) add the Hydradeck\HydraDeck Hand prefab to your scene

Additionally, if you'd like to add a Hand to interact with the world, add the "HydraDeck\HydraDeck Hand" prefab
31 REPLIES 31

Teddy0k
Explorer
Looks like I made a mistake with the prefabs, try this one instead;
Edit: nope!

hippopotamus
Honored Guest
Hi,

i am getting "the associated script can not be loaded" in the prefabs 😞

Teddy0k
Explorer
OK, I think I got it this time. The lesson for future reference, export a unitypackage;
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1KRnJKwYT-0VllyNGlRQkdHeUE/edit?usp=sharing

sipon
Honored Guest
tks a lot for the update 🙂

karrtoon
Expert Protege
I am having a lot of trouble getting this working, I loaded the hydradeckdemo scene provided to test. After calibration, my guy is about 4 feet too tall. The hand is down by my knees. What's strange is, all other hydradeck based demos work with no issues when I calibrate to floor/chest/neck. I tried adjusting the player height, world floor y, and moving the hand but it did not work. I tried redownloading it using default assets again.. still no go. I'm just trying to get the hands from the demo scene right in front of the camera. Any ideas?

Really wish I knew how to code it where you could press start and start shifting the hand up. Would make for an easy fix 😞

shole
Honored Guest
I'm guessing this is because of the ovr plugin updates
I fixed this by enabling 'use player eye height' and changing 'camera root position' y value to 1.8
I'm sure there's a proper way to fix it, but it's enough for my testing at the moment

Rasa
Honored Guest
Assets/HydraDeck/Scripts/HydraDeckHandController.cs(20,40): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `SixenseHandController' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Hi.........Thanks to share this super thing..........I got this error after import everything of your project kindly help to run your project in Unity3d.................How to fix this error.............

xhonzi
Honored Guest
"shole" wrote:
I'm guessing this is because of the ovr plugin updates
I fixed this by enabling 'use player eye height' and changing 'camera root position' y value to 1.8
I'm sure there's a proper way to fix it, but it's enough for my testing at the moment

Yep- thanks for this... that seems to work.

Now I have the problem of inverted position for the left controller. I stand up and the camera moves down. I sit down and the camera moves up.

philmccarty
Honored Guest
[I know enough JS to be deadly but that's it]

It appears that the latest Sixense plug-in in the Asset store included some breaking changes which render HydraDeck unusable.

The first two compiler errors I've noticed (both in HydraDeckHandController.cs) are:

1. SixenseHandController is now known as SixenseHandsController

protected function UpdateObject(SixenseInput.Controller controller) is now known as

2. UpdateHand(SixenseHand hand)

I'll try to cobble through these, but, as I stated above. I'm just futzing around.

Is there any chance that you can tweak this, Teddy, to work with the new Sixense assets?

Stephan
Honored Guest
LOVE THE HYDRA DECK... I have two small issues / request

1. The scale is not the same on MAC vs PC in Unity3D. The height gets really messed up.

2. Sometimes the player position freaks out and you start bouncing around the map to different locations almost instantly

Any chance these issues could be resolved?

Best regards,

Stephan