RTX 2060 is not VR ready? — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

RTX 2060 is not VR ready?

ReachyL0rdReachyL0rd Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hello, so I have just a quick question. I recently bought Oculus + touch and new GPU for it the Gigabytes RTX 2060 6GB. When I star up Oculus everything is working perfectly I even tried some games like The lab, Doom VFR and Blade & sorcery. But for some reason in Oculus menu its says that my GPU is not good enough for VR. Is it because RTX GPU serie was released recently so oculus app is just not updated with it or why? Im sorry that this question is not like super serious but Im just curious why it is like this.
Tagged:

Comments

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 697
    Neo
    yeah its totally fine, just not added to the list of compatible cards yet
  • RodDawg117RodDawg117 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    edited April 21
    Just to make sure, because I'm in the middle of planning my VR box, the oculus software won't prevent any games from starting based on it not recognizing the 2060 as being rift ready would it?

The list of compatible graphics cards is painfully small and I want to confirm that any cards that outperform the GTX 1050 should also work for the rift.
  • FabioPimentaFabioPimenta Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I just got a New Razer Blade 2019 RTX 2060 Laptop. I want to get an Oculus Rift S but I'm afraid unable to use it. This Laptop get Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C), HDMI 2.0b and Mini DisplayPort 1.4 ports. Will I suffer this VirtualLink Port issue ?