Version 1.36 of our integration for Unreal Engine 4.22.0 and 4.21.2 have been released!
For more information, see our Unreal Engine Developer Guide
Note: You must log into a subscribed GitHub account first, otherwise you will get a 404 error from the link below.You can grab the latest version of the Oculus UE4 Source here:
More information about this release can be found here
- Added the OVRPlatform Tool to the Unreal Integration. The OVRPlatform Tool enables builds to be submitted directly from the Unreal Editor.
- Moved ovrp_WaitToBeginFrame to the start of the game thread to reduce the latency between the start of game frame and the frame being visible.
- Updated the Oculus Unreal Integration to 1.36.
- Updated the Audio integration to 1.36.
- Updated the Avatars integration to 1.36.
- Deprecated support of the Oculus audio plugin on Android.
- Fixed an issue where a mirrored window may have been displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where any call to the blueprint SetSplashScreen after the first would not have any effect.
- Fixed an issue where some splash screen frames executed out of order with game thread frames.
- Fixed an issue where hiding a splash screen on Android platforms would write data into unallocated memory.
- A significant drop in frame rate occurs when UE4 is not in focus in VR preview mode. To avoid this issue, uncheck the Use Less CPU when in Background in Edit > Editor Preferences > General (left sidebar) > Miscellaneous (left sidebar) > Performance.
- Exclusive Mode issues: Setting the mirror window to full-screen exclusive mode will not work correctly if the monitor and HMD are connected to different GPUs.
The thread for the previous version (v1.35) can be found here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/73915/oculus-integration-for-unreal-v1-35-02-28-19