cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with the OVR tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
The app I made for Oculus Go was too big so I tried the OVR tool (is that only for Rift though?) Here's what I have in my BAT
ovr-platform-util clone-rift-build -a xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -s xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -d "C:\Users\animator\Desktop\ZetaVR" -l "ZetaVR-Android-Shipping-armv7-es2.apk" -v 1.0 -c Alpha

When I run it I get "Either build_id or source_channel must be specified"
5 REPLIES 5

mouse_bear
Retired Support
If you're trying to upload an Oculus Go build, the proper command would be (filled in with examples, replace with your App ID/etc.):
ovr-platform-util upload-mobile-build --app_id 10001234 --app_secret 1234abcd --apk xx.apk -c Alpha 
-v 1.1 -n "NOTE: This will upload your xx.apk into the "Alpha" release channel, with App ID 10001234,
Secret 1234abcd, and version number 1.1"
You can refer to the guide here: https://developer.oculus.com/distribute/latest/concepts/publish-reference-platform-command-line-util...

Additionally, the maximum file size an APK can be is 1GB, the following guide has more information to keep in mind: https://developer.oculus.com/distribute/latest/concepts/publish-uploading-mobile/

If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here through the "Contact Us" link (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @mouse_bear once you have done so!

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you, got it uploaded.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@NinjaGaijin I'm not sure if I should start a support ticket for this of if it's ok to continue discussion here... Once I got it uploaded, my dashboard didn't seem to register that. It's still saying the build isn't uploaded but I think it's because I did it from the tool. It even seems to have past the tests. How do I tell the dashboard it was uploaded with the OVR tool? 8jfzq53mys89.pngp2mmg7x011a7.png3478spmuq0mf.pngSorry, this is my first submission. 

MikeF
Trustee
it's uploaded, you just need to move it to the store channel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it submitted. Thanks so much @MikeF