cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No "Package for Oculus Mobile Devices" appear

ProVirtualMente
Honored Guest

Hello! I have a problem. I don't have the option "Package for Oculus Mobile Devices" on Project Settings/Android/Advanced ApkPackaging and i neded for
upload app to oculus platform i think. I tryed with v.19 and v.22 version of UE but the option not apear.

When i try yo upload my App, ir returns this error "APK main activity intent filter set to com.google.intent.categort.CARDBOARD, but must be 
android.intent,category.INFO. Your app must only appear in Oculus Home. It must not appear in the phone's launcher". I think the problem is the option 
named before. Do you think so?

Ty for all!

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
The option you need is shown in Step 13 here:

and you must disable the GoogleVR plugin!

Steazy
Honored Guest
o69j3rsrrh1j.png

I believe the issue ProVirtualMente is having is the same as mine... The option described in the documentation “Package for Oculus Mobile Devices” does not exist in 4.21.2 or 4.22.2 as distributed by Epic. It would seem the option shown in the Quick start guide is only available in the Oculus source distribution (despite the intro the guide specifically stating that it will work w/ Epic's version of the engine). 

What does exist is a "Configure the AndroidManifest for deployment to Oculus Mobile" which seems to do the trick.