cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Oculus Go] Disable sleep mode or disable "Enter VR" screen

buffalonationsm
Honored Guest

Looking for a way to disable the "Enter VR" screen when the device wakes from sleep (since we don't want visitors using the remote and exiting the running video). Is this possible?

Alternatively I've tried to cover the proximity sensor but the device still goes to sleep in 5 minutes if there's no movement. Can I disable the sleep mode or adjust the time it takes to trigger sleep mode in a config file somewhere?

I am using "Samsumg VR Videos" app with a sideloaded video but I am open to other suggestions to accomplish the goal of a "kiosk mode" that simply loops a video when visitors put on the Go (no button pressing required).

28 REPLIES 28

Timnijland
Protege
Hi all,

We made a kiosk mode feature for the Oculus GO. It's an installable app from the app store but only works with 360 video's at the moment. Hope you find it useful.

All the best

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

We made a kiosk mode feature for the Oculus GO. It's an installable app from the app store but only works with 360 video's at the moment. Hope you find it useful.

All the best

What happens after 15min of inactivity?
Does your app disable the auto standby?
If yes, hell yeah, take my money!
If not, this is the wrong thread for your advertisement spam.

@OculusSupport 
Why isn't there a statement from you to the developers regarding this topic?

jstefan
Explorer
What was the design decision for making 15 minutes the maximum? Why remove the Never option?

ruud3DV
Protege
Extremely frustrating, finally with the 'Never' option there was a way to run the Oculus Go in something resembling Kiosk Mode, and now it's been removed again without any communication about it. Please bring back the 'Never' option.

SandroTrunz
Honored Guest
Yup, agreed - dear moderators & Oculus developers - please bring back the 'Never' option and/or add a 'Kiosk Mode' function.
Thx
S

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would be interested in an alternative headset that
functions as a VR-Video-Player for permanent installations, where no
controller is needed and the content starts as soon as you look inside. This Auto-Standby kills everything!
I did some workarounds with a flic button, IFTTT and a switchbot inside a 3D printed console. But it just takes too long to respond.
Any suggestions on that are highly appreciated!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vote here!
In the new firmware 9.0 there's the option to extend the standby to 4hrs - but the Go still turns black after 5min of just lying around

VR-House
Explorer
In this article (with video) we explain how to get rid of the Enter VR screen and provide some other practical tips of how to use the Oculus Go:
https://ez-360.com/knowledge-base/adjust-sleep-mode-oculus-go/

VR-House
Explorer
And putting it in developer mode is also something that could be helpful for unlocking the device by simply pressing the volume button.