cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Unity Integration - v1.37 (05/21/19)

mouse_bear
Retired Support

Version 1.37 of our integration for Unity has been released!

The Oculus Integration for Unity package adds scripts, prefabs, samples, and other resources to supplement Unity’s built-in support. The package includes an interface for controlling VR camera behavior, a first-person control prefab, a unified input API for controllers, advanced rendering features, object-grabbing and haptics scripts for Touch, debugging tools, and more. For more information, see our Unity Getting Started Guide.

You can grab the latest version of our Unity Integration here (through the Unity Asset Store): https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/oculus-integration-82022

More information, as well as general known issues with Unity, about this release can be found here.

New Features

• The 1.37 Oculus Integration for Unity adds development support for the Rift S headset.

Integration Changes

• Updated the Oculus Unity Integration to 1.37, including:
    • Updated the LipSync integration to 1.37

Integration Changes

All Unity 2018.2 versions
  • (Mobile) You'll need to either switch the AndroidBuildSystem to internal or export a Gradle project and modify the SigningConfig in the build.gradle file to include v1SigningEnabled=true, v2SigningEnabled=false.
2018.2.20f1
  • (Mobile) Some game objects may appear darker when loaded in 2018.2.20f1. To work around this issue, load the project in another version of Unity, like 2018.2.19.

General Unity Known Issues

For more information on the known issues with this version of the integration, please read the full release notes here.

The thread for the previous version (v1.36) can be found here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/74996/oculus-unity-integration-v1-36-04-23-19
18 REPLIES 18

ChewyXR
Honored Guest
The sample scenes aren't recognizing my Rift S. Is there any set up you have to do when using an S?

TheNarf
Explorer
I can't get Oculus Integration to work with Unity 2019. I get error messages on missing assamblies. Are there versions that work /doesn't work with 2019?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Querying OVRPlugin.productName is still returning "Oculus Rift CV1" when the Rift S is attached. How are we meant to detect the Rift S?

Thanks,

Tim

webjeff
Explorer
When will this be available through the package manager?

Stefferp
Protege
Updating the Oculus Integration through the Unity store results in an error in 2019.2.0b3. I'm unsure if this is a Unity error or a fault with the Oculus Integration.
Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package
UnityEditor.Web.JSProxyMgr:DoTasks()
Edit: Nevermind, I just ran out of disk space. lol.

Stefferp
Protege

TheNarf said:

I can't get Oculus Integration to work with Unity 2019. I get error messages on missing assamblies. Are there versions that work /doesn't work with 2019?

This is an issue with 2019.2 at the moment, you can fix it by going the Oculus asmdef files and manually adding unity.ugui as a dependency

Towerss
Honored Guest
Hi guys, I am having the following error in the console after updating to :
Assets\Oculus\Spatializer\Editor\ONSPPropagationSerializationManager.cs(61,60): error CS0117: 'ONSPPropagationGeometry' does not contain a definition for 'GeometryAssetPath'
Any ideas?
Thank you.

enhance
Honored Guest
I'm using both 2019.1.4f1 and 2019.1.2f1 and getting the error on the network system dependencies not existing (I believe this is from unity no longer supporting UNET / Networking in 2019+. I can comment this library out in the OVRSystem file but the integration "updates" me to 1.32 from the 1.37 I imported from the asset store... any ideas? Thanks! 

BlackOps19
Honored Guest
Hello. I just purchased the oculus rift s specifically to learn how to develop with the unity.  I went to the asset store to download the integration package. followed a tutorial but was not able to see the sample example. I also continue to have the the oculus setup interfere with the unty imagery