cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Internal Storage Path

Joseph_Twistpla
Honored Guest
Hi, I am trying to direct an app I have installed on the Go to a folder I have placed in the internal storage, but I do not know the path to access the internal storage. I have tried the same one I used previously for Cardboard (storage/emulated/0/myfolder), but that is not working - can anyone tell me the path for the Go's internal storage?
Thanks.
19 REPLIES 19

altdocs
Honored Guest
hey, did you try "/mnt/sdcard/"? I think just adding a / helped me 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Regarding AVPRO Plugin > videos sideloading on Oculus Go

Hey guys I am in a very stressful situation. First of all I am not a programmer. I use mainly plugins to get my ideas realized. I have a 76 videofiles with 360 footage in mp4 and Ambisonic Audio with Opus Codec. When I just paste one of the videos inside the streamingassets folder in my project everything works fine but with all 76 I get packaging errors:

CommandInvokationFailure: Android Asset Packaging Tool failed.
C:\Users\tayyi\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\build-tools\28.0.3\aapt.exe package -v -f -F raw.ap_ -A raw -0 "" --ignore-assets "!.svn:!.git:!.ds_store:!*.scc:.*:!CVS:!thumbs.db:!picasa.ini:!*~"

stderr[
raw\Seite4Ichdenkewirk�nnenanfangenHS.MP4: error: Invalid filename.  Unable to add.
]
stdout[
Found 34 custom asset files in raw
]
exit code: 1
UnityEditor.Android.Command.WaitForProgramToRun (UnityEditor.Utils.Program p, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.TasksCommon.Exec (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir, System.String errorMsg)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.AAPTPackage.AAPTPack (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context, System.String apkName, System.String directory, Boolean compress)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.AAPTPackage.Execute (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

———————-

Renderheads the producers of AVpro suggested me this

It could be due to the file size.  If it is too big then the machine will run out of memory while trying to open it from StreamignAssets.  For large files we recommend copying it to the device and not including it into the StreamingAssets folder.”

I mean the files are not more than 500mb each but maybe using so many in the streamingassets causes the packaging errors.

So the question is how can I sideload the videos on the Oculus Go and tell AVPRO to get the videos from there? I couldn’t find any tutorials 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not positive if this is the issue, but in Unity it likes to have any 360 video appended with _360 before the extension.  I would try to change the filenames to  this convention and see if it helps.  Longshot but worth a try.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This works for simple playback on OculusGO but doesn’t solve the packaging problem of the streamingassets folder 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just want to say that I did everything on this page and it WORKS!!!!! 😄
Thank you all, it's amazing!

Note that I had to change the command of @adammak to this one here to get it working:

adb shell pm grant com.XXX.YYY android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

-> com.XXX.YYY is your chosen package name in unity's player settings

rafasancon
Honored Guest
Tried everything described here so far and none of them works 😕
/mnt/sdcard/...
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/...
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/sdcard/...
All of them were tested using READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE privileges granted using adb and the manifest
Also I tried to find the path using reflection and it didn't work either.
Please, any help would be extremely appreciated, I am already out of cards at this moment and this functionality is urgent for the app.

Diana4998
Honored Guest
I don't know where persistentDataPath is either, I tried to create a folder, then search for it, but found nothing, so I have no idea how to access files. I just want to put files on Oculus Go, and read it. Can anybody help me at all?

Scottiedean
Honored Guest
@doudoid I got this to work when just having one video but when I put more then one the videos would not play. I tried the READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE in terminal and added the _360. Also I tried putting them into separate folders and nothing worked. Any Advise?

jessephoria
Explorer
I've had recent luck with reading/writing from (in unity)  Application.persistentDataPath in conjuction with Path.Combine
to format the path correctly:

path = Path.Combine(Application.persistentDataPath, "file.txt")

sephirot.oculus
Explorer

adammak said:

HbmDev said:

Hi, I'm having the same problem.

I'm trying to create a file via Unity in the Oculus Go's Android folder.
"mnt/sdcard/myfolder" didnt work for me.
In Unity, Write permission is External (Sd Card). Manifest is ok...

Thank you guys

I had the same problem, despite that I had read_external_storage permission in my android manifest 
I solved it by running adb command: shell pm grant [your bundle id] android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
After that my app could read from device storage

Thank you, that worked for me, two things were necessary:

1 - Include the following line in the manifest file:
<uses-permission android: name = "android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />

2 - Grant the permission from the console with adb:
adb shell pm grant com.CompanyName.ProductName
android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

Replace CompanyName and ProductName with yours.