cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Sources and Casting

Geomedia
Explorer
We are developing a non-distributed app that will only be installed locally on an Oculus Go.  We want to cast this app but are unable to because the app resides in the "Unknown Sources" tab which makes the casting feature unusable. How can this be accomplished?
29 REPLIES 29

SteenPetersen
Honored Guest
I really need this as well, and wish there was an official answer. If it is NOT possible then ok but tell us that at least.

tvallier
Explorer
I'm developing an app for internal research purposes which will be used without publication. Just adding to the heap of users who are requesting a casting option from unknown sources. Thanks!

learninginnovat
Honored Guest
This is also something that would be extremely useful to us.

lsummers
Protege
Fwiw, untested, but I've been told as long as your App ID matches a valid App ID of yours in the dashboard (even unreleased) it should "work".  But we just got back from a conference where casting wasn't working, and we had to move everything back to the Vive so it could properly be shown on a big screen for people passing by.

SudakFortress
Honored Guest
Idk why suport is so silent about this problem? Our client just bought 12 of oculus go. And need simple thing is to cast his app to phone. Wtf why did u on purposly cut already working feature?  I can lose mony coz u not a reliable company. Tnx.

tvallier
Explorer
Still nothing from Oculus. In the interim, we've resorted to using this tool for wireless mirroring from a Quest to a laptop. https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy

BenLumenDigital
Explorer
Another frustrated developer here.  Desperately need Casting for an internal app!!!

weirdmonkey2807
Protege
+1 we really need to be able to cast in order to direct people inside of VR that have never tried it. This is counterproductive to spreading VR to the mainstream. 

weirdmonkey2807
Protege
Actually using Vysor Pro now. the quality is much better than what you can get from Oculus Casting. 

BenLumenDigital
Explorer

Actually using Vysor Pro now. the quality is much better than what you can get from Oculus Casting. 

This tool is perfect!  Thanks for sharing.