cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My avatar body is invisible ...

LegendaryKeith
Explorer
Hello,
I have an issue with the body of my avatar. It shows up first but then it's invisible, only my hands are still visible. Does anyone know how i can solve this issue?

https://imgur.com/a/uvvOtOj
6 REPLIES 6

cloud_canvas
Expert Protege
That looks like your LocalAvatar's OvrAvatar Component is set to "Show First Person" which, on the Go, only shows your right hand. Try unchecking that box and checking "Show Third Person" instead, which should look like the default init model you see in the beginning of your video.
Samsung Galaxy S8 (Snapdragon 835), Gear VR (2017), Oculus Go (64GB), Unity 2018.3.14f1

JustinVive
Honored Guest
hmmmmm

LegendaryKeith
Explorer

That looks like your LocalAvatar's OvrAvatar Component is set to "Show First Person" which, on the Go, only shows your right hand. Try unchecking that box and checking "Show Third Person" instead, which should look like the default init model you see in the beginning of your video.

I did check the "Show Third Person " option but i still got the same issue. The avatar body is still there, but it's just invisible. I can see my invisible body moving when i put my hand behind my back.

LegendaryKeith
Explorer
I still have this problem and i need some help with this, could anyone give me any more ideas on how to solve this issue, please?

cloud_canvas
Expert Protege
We recently abandoned the use of the Avatars SDK entirely because of poor support, not moving fast enough on promised features, bloat and inefficiency from C++ marshaling, poor setup and configuration workflow, network serialization liabilities... this thing has so many problems. There's good reason why you don't see this package in many apps out there.
I was pinning everything on the assumption that there was going to be a waterfall of breaking changes coordinated with the Quest launch, but we have the same crapola SDK with a few new shaders and more dependencies. At this point, I'd rather pay a character modeler to bang some pieces together onto a simple rig and come up with our own backend for pulling customizations down than deal with this any longer, so that's the direction we've moved in.
Samsung Galaxy S8 (Snapdragon 835), Gear VR (2017), Oculus Go (64GB), Unity 2018.3.14f1

TimBazookas
Honored Guest
I have the exact same issue. The avatar "pulses" for a couple of seconds and then becomes invisible but it still blocks other objects from being rendered. This issue started when I tried using the user id for a custom avatar but that resulted in an error. But when I reverted my project to a version that used to have functional avatars, the problem persisted. I have no idea where the cause of this problem is however. I have tried with 1.38, 1.39 and 1.40 and nothing works. The only thing that has changed are my java version and Android SDK installation.