cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer data into oculus externally?

harsoda_krunal
Honored Guest
I am preparing one game called Accubow using Unity 3D game engine. I have also develop one hardware controller that is use to play the game and it is perfectly integrated in mobile device. You can see the video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSyrX7NQSR4

Now i want to switch that game in oculus so that user will get VR experience and feel real time bow-hunting experience. But I am enable to transfer the rotation data and shooting data from my accubow hardware to oculus. 

Is there any way to make it possible?  
4 REPLIES 4

C_64Coder
Honored Guest
You may need to enable some permissions (Android) to get access to read /write. The 2 that you would try are. READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE and WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE. You will still need to dump the data from your package into the folder you create / use. Otherwise, you will need to use sqllite.

I jut got the Quest 4 days ago so am not familiar yet with how much Android is in there, and what is locked down, so the above may not work.

harsoda_krunal
Honored Guest
Can i connect any external bluetooth hardware to oculus go or can i make my own custom game pad that can connect to oculus go?

C_64Coder
Honored Guest
You would need to reverse engineer a controller. Not an easy thing to do, plus by doing so there will be some aspects covered by IP, thus limiting what you can do. There could be some EULA items that are uncomfortable as well.

harsoda_krunal
Honored Guest

C_64Coder said:

You would need to reverse engineer a controller. Not an easy thing to do, plus by doing so there will be some aspects covered by IP, thus limiting what you can do. There could be some EULA items that are uncomfortable as well.

Okay thanks for your help.