cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchup +Vray to Oculus Go workflow

no_gracias
Honored Guest
I created a  model in sketchup with materials, textures etc... My hope was that I could render using vray for SketchUp's VR spherical Panorama and simply load that into the Oculus go through Dropbox, but it seems that the .png file that is output by Vray for Sketchup isn't a compatible file with oculus go. How can I render out an image with sketchup and vray so that it can work with oculus go? I was able to use the same .png output file with google cardboard, so I know it works -- i just need to figure out how to get it working with oculus. Thoughts?  
4 REPLIES 4

bcoyle
Adventurer
how about a .jpg?

kojack
MVP
MVP
Which Go program did you try it with?
Oculus Gallery supports png panoramas (just tested it). You have to change the mode from 2d to 3d when you open them (I think you can use a certain filename standard to tell it to be 360).
Oculus 360 Photos apparently only supports jpeg, according to here: https://support.oculus.com/1757384417859065/

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Freizeitkraemer
Honored Guest
Hi, I am battling with the same problems. Tried Oculus Galllery, Obrx & 360 photos apps in the Go. 

None of my 18432x1536 stero side-by-side rendered JPG is recognized by the Oculus Go as a 360 panorama. Do I need to meta tag the images or what am I doing wrong? Help appreciated, didn't think it could be that hard to get your own rendered images over. I connect to a dropbox folder inside the go where the JPGs are stored. Renaming to _360 in the end didn't help either. 

Jeffrey883
Honored Guest
You have to change the mode from 2d to 3d when you open them (I think you can use a certain filename standard to tell it to be 360).