cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Sources and Casting

Geomedia
Explorer
We are developing a non-distributed app that will only be installed locally on an Oculus Go.  We want to cast this app but are unable to because the app resides in the "Unknown Sources" tab which makes the casting feature unusable. How can this be accomplished?
29 REPLIES 29

learninginnovat
Honored Guest
What does Vysor do that Scrcopy doesn't?  I had a look and it seemed like the same thing but without the ability to crop to just one eye.

BenLumenDigital
Explorer
It's a one click install.  Just download the Win/Mac/Linux software and it installs onto your device and starts streaming.  Super easy for non-techie people.

tvallier
Explorer
The price for Vysor Pro is ridiculous. A monthly subscription for functionality that's available elsewhere for free is not "perfect". 

BenLumenDigital
Explorer
There is a one-time payment option - yours forever without subscription currently at $40

YordDev
Honored Guest
Another dev here! We need casting for quest Oculus!

BenLumenDigital
Explorer
I've just been trying another tool which is working OK.  It's open source, and allows Android -> Android wireless casting - so great for Go to a Tablet.  Check it out here: https://gitlab.com/las2mile/scrcpy-android

It's a little rough, but works well.  Easy tweak to support Landscape in MainActivity onCreate function.

SkyArcher
Protege
Adding myself to the queue. Please enable casting for developer builds, this is just ridiculous.

Schneider21
Expert Protege
I have zero reason to believe Oculus implements any feedback from the forums (or even reads messages where staff are tagged...), but just want to throw out there that casting is an essential tool when developing apps. Having someone test something for you without being able to watch how they're interacting with the app is frustrating and ineffective, and it's a shame we have to use third party tools to do simple things like that.

VRengle
Explorer
Add me to the queue of developers that want to record their app in action... Walking someone through a demo is really hard to do blind. And sharing a concept with potential investors is equally hard when you have to take every individual person through the experience while the rest of the room waits.

Eagon
Honored Guest
Was this resolved yet? also in the same boat