cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users unable to find or use Preview Apps / No confirmation email is sent

madefireengr
Explorer
When I add a user to my Preview App, their email address is added to Subscribed Users and they never receive an email invite. As a result, they are never able to find our preview app in their apps.

The one place the app is visible is on Preview Apps page in the account section: https://secure.oculus.com/my/preview-apps, but this only allows them to unsubscribe.

Am I doing something wrong or did I find a glitch in the system?
34 REPLIES 34

Julien_Tamade
Explorer
I am having this issue still all the way in October. I have an app on the alpha channel release and when I accept the invitation for it. I don't see any "My Preview Apps" section in the store. The headset recently updated to a newer version but before that it worked. I am about to be releasing my app to others through this channel and if they can't download that it is a big issue. Has this still not been fixed? Is there any way to revert to an older version? @imperativity

mythicalcity
Explorer
Has anyone found any solution to this, specifically for the Oculus Go? The apps show up in the My Preview Apps section on the website, but there doesn't appear to be any way to install the app on the Go.

bill911stone
Explorer
I got it to work by using the Go's Search to search for the app. When the app name appeared in the results list, I clicked it to perform the install.

ubc_oculus1
Honored Guest
Months and months passed by here without a proper answer from Oculus staff!!!

Solution: I had to hard reset the oculus (from the mobile app), refresh the mobile app (log off / log in) and only then it worked for me. BTW, the user had a "_" symbol in his email. 

Tageolsson
Honored Guest
I also have this problem. People recieve the mail and the invitation works. The app appears on the oculus website under "my preview apps" but not in the oculus phone app, neither in the oculus Go library.

The workaround that some of you people mention, searching for the exact app name in the oculus go, works for us though.

MarkHenryC
Protege
Just confirming as of March 2019 this issue is still there. App not visible. Searching will reveal it & it can then be installed via the search result. I opened a ticket on this a week or so ago.

Tazzoman
Honored Guest
Any answer to this yet? Same issue, searching in oculus Go doesn't work either. How can they take themselves seriously in the VR community. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having the same issue on the quest, I uploaded the apk and added myself to the tester list but can't see any "my preview apps" on the quest and the app isn't showing up on my phone either

e2vrtest
Explorer
I have the same problem. I can find my app on Oculus Go section but not for Quest. I don't know why. Does Oculus Quest support preview applications ?

yurygural1982 said:

Hi. A developer sent me a link for an alpha app. When i clicked the link it was added to My Preview Apps. I can see a logo of the app. And it says Subscribed above the logo. From there I have only one option which is Unsubscribe. How can I add this app to my library so that I can launch it on my Gear VR?
Thank you
w9tfkif1dui3.png

I have found the solution to this: Open your Oculus desktop app > click on store (left panel) > do a search for the app name which you are subscribed to (Ex: LazyEye) > click on the result > click the "free" button to download. Usually, doing a search for an un-realeased app does not result in anything. When subscribed to the RC, though, it allows it to be discovered.