cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreal bugs/errors with Rift/Go/Quest and their status

beaulima9933
Expert Protege
I've made a list of current bugs/errors encountered in Unreal when developing for Rift / Quest / Go.
Some can be somewhat fixed / avoided, some are still very present. I encourage people to add to the list or bring their solution.

Would be great also to have input from @NinjaGaijin and @Ross_Beef on their possible ETA or resolution.  😉

This is up-to-date with latest Unreal (4.22.2) Oculus integration found on github, dating back from June 7.

There it is:

1. Retrieve Oculus ID and Verify Entitlement fail on Go/Quest
a. STATUS: can be fixed by changing a line in OculusIdentityCallbackProxy.cpp. See at the end of list for complete        solution.

2. Entitlement fail on Quest if no access to Quest API
a.STATUS: can be fixed by commenting out a line in OculusMobile_APL.xml. See at the end of list for complete            solution.

3. PlayDynamicForceFeedback has errors when nativizing assets
a. STATUS: can be fixed by changing \Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework\PlayerController.h
line 1053 private to public, because 'PlayDynamicForceFeedback' is a private member of 'APlayerController', for            reasons unknown

4. Oculus Go/Quest : No VOIP / or no LipSync with Oculus Avatars
a. STATUS: NOT FIXED
c. Background infos: Android only allows access to the microphone from a single process. This wasn't an issue when networking avatars previously, as the mic input wasn't being used. But with the expressive update, we specifically need to run the mic through the OVRLipsync plugin to generate blend-shapes and drive the mouth shapes. Trying to hook up the mic to both VoIP and Lipsync therefore causes an inevitable race condition. The loser gets a bunch of zeros. So either there's no networked audio, or no blend-shapes.

5. Multiplayer Oculus Avatar is broken with official Oculus Avatar Plugin
b. Use our in-house patched plugin/template, or use Photon Engine

6. Oculus Rift / S: Enabling Splash in Project Settings / Oculus Settings crash when loading next level
b. Use blueprints to Set and Show Splash Screen

7. Stereo Layers are transluscent in ES3.1 (Oculus Go/Quest) / Vulkan (Oculus Quest)

8. Performance issues when a Render target is added to Spectator screen (VR) in a packaged game
a. STATUS: FIXED IN 4.23
c. IN 4.22, don't use Spectator Screens, or use them only in editor:

9. Cannot access Oculus Quest platform features
a. STATUS: You have to be greenlighted by Oculus before doing so or Oculus Business users will have access to Business Suite Q3-4 2019

10. When a stereo layer is present rendering a widget it cannot be destroyed.
c. Avoid using stereo layers if you need to destroy them

11. Quest: Oculus Avatars and Oculus Audio use 32-bits Android libraries (armeabi-v7a); no arm64 librairies available
b. Use 32-bits librairies on Quest if using Oculus Audio and/or Avatars
11 REPLIES 11

beaulima9933
Expert Protege
Fixes for the first 2 listed bugs:

Bug #1:
change
\Engine\Plugins\Online\OnlineSubsystemOculus\Source\Private\OculusIdentityCallbackProxy.cpp

Line 26

DelegateHandle = Online::GetIdentityInterface()->AddOnLoginCompleteDelegate_Handle(

to:
DelegateHandle = OculusIdentityInterface->AddOnLoginCompleteDelegate_Handle(

Bug #2:
change
\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Oculus\OculusVR\Source\OculusHMD\OculusMobile_APL.xml

Line 223

com.oculus.svclib.OVREntitlementChecker.doAutomatedCheck(this);

to:
<!-- com.oculus.svclib.OVREntitlementChecker.doAutomatedCheck(this); -->

motorsep
Rising Star
I wonder if Oculus can comment on those issues @NinjaGaijin ?

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
Good move to start the list + status. Does this count as a bug as well or just a 'feature'?
* Cascaded shadow maps don't work if MobileMultiView is active

motorsep
Rising Star
Modulated shadows don't work on Oculus Go at all (or maybe just with multi-view on, but them why would anyone develop with multi-view off?!)

Mohammed_hashim
Expert Protege
I wonder if they fixed GPU particles on GearVR (I didn't test it on Go, I only tested it on galaxy s7 edge) but worth checking since Go might have the same problem.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/73426/oculus-vr-on-gearvr-have-a-bug-with-gpu-parti...

motorsep
Rising Star

I wonder if they fixed GPU particles on GearVR (I didn't test it on Go, I only tested it on galaxy s7 edge) but worth checking since Go might have the same problem.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/73426/oculus-vr-on-gearvr-have-a-bug-with-gpu-parti...

GPU particles work on Go just fine (although I only did a basic test).

beaulima9933
Expert Protege
A little update to the bugs, latest Oculus UE4 integration 1.39, UE4.22.3:

11. Quest: Oculus Avatars and Oculus Audio use 32-bits Android libraries (armeabi-v7a); no arm64 librairies available
a. STATUS: PARTIALLY FIXED
b. In 1.39, 64-bits Avatars libraries now included. No news for the Oculus Audio.
c. Use 32-bits librairies on Quest if using Oculus Audio, otherwise you can use arm64 compilation

(UNLISTED). Quest: Can't use FFR, Mobile Multi-View and Vulkan at the same time
a. STATUS: FIXED in 1.39

NEW BUG: 12.   
75Hz is not available with Oculus Quest, only 60 and 72Hz

a.   STATUS: NOT FIXED

b.  
This bug has been introduced in Oculus plugin 1.39

Have trouble compiling for Quest on UE4.22.3 and Oculus Plugin 1.39? Change the manifest to:

y47ehli0ksoo.png

That's it for the moment

Anonymous
Not applicable
A little related GearVR shipping crash has a epic issue reported here that needs more upvotes 😉

motorsep
Rising Star
Well, I reported this bugs, which you might want to add to the list:

https://developer.oculus.com/bugs/bug/352218849045408/