cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity apps have black edges?

milkshakeiii
Explorer
Hello,

I am working on oculus quest development using Unity.  No matter what settings I change or which project I'm in, my app always has black edges before the eye cups end on the quest.  In other words, before the screen ends on the left, right, and bottom sides, the rendering ends and there is blackness.  This happens in the demo scenes from the oculus asset, for example.

Is anyone else experiencing this or does anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

Unity version 2019.1.12f1
Oculus asset version 1.39
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
this is to do with the manifest issue, currently 1.39 builds Quest as Go (smaller FOV) 

https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/79056/how-to-build-for-oculus-quest-w-unity-after-t...

milkshakeiii
Explorer
Thank you!  Other than that the app does not automatically open after "build and run" now, everything is working and the edges seem to be gone!

Anonymous
Not applicable
sometimes Build & Run doesn't deploy (same on iOS), however if you use the keyboard shortcut: Crtl+b or Apple+b it'll open on the Quest after building.

milkshakeiii
Explorer
For some reason that didn't work for me.  But what worked was changing a category intent line from INFO to LAUNCHER in the android manifest.xml like this:

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>

thank you!!

heynewt
Protege
I'm having the same issue with all Unity apps deployed to Quest.  This is new problem as of about a week ago.  Revising the manifest.xml as suggested did not solve the issue.  I'll try adding that line in the manifest.xml, thanks for that tip!

heynewt
Protege
It's all working fine now.  I had to manually add the line to the manifest.xml file.

Kenneth58
Honored Guest
You typically don't need different sizes of assets - imported textures and sprites with automatically-generated mip maps will look nice when rendered at any size less than or equal to the original pixel size of the image.