cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVRPlayerControler not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to get the OVRPlayerController (from the Oculus Integration package on the Unity Asset Store) to work.

I'm building for Quest and I'm using Unity2019.2.0f1 with Oculus Integration v1.39 to build my APK's

I'm able to build and run the APK, but when I push the left hand joystick forward the avatar jumps ahead a bit then stops.The same happens with the right hand joystick. I have to keep repeatedly pushing the joystick to move forward. I have played with the OVRPlayerController settings with no luck.

What am I missing here?

How do I get the controller to move the avatar smoothly with out stopping?

vis7c8xzzotd.jpg
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks to Brian at Oculus for helping with this solution. This is how we fixed it:

First add a "Character Camera Constraint" to the OVRPlayerController Prefab (see image below).

Next delete the AndroidManifest file, then build a new one:
Oculus -> Tools -> Remove AndroidManifest.xml.
Oculus -> Tools -> Generate store-compatible AndroidManifest.xml.

And that's it. This worked like a champ for me. Hope this helps. 🙂 

6qpwsd514iiq.jpg

dr3d
Explorer
Wow Thanks ! I hope this really works - off to try

Ugh - no such luck. the PlayerController in the Locomotion scene already has the Camera Constraint component. And still controllers are fubar. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have not been able to get the Locomotion Scene to work either. The solution above is for the OVRPlayerController Prefab. Best of luck.

Corysia
Expert Protege
I had to downgrade to 1.38 to get my movement working again.  https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/unity-integration-archive/

Anonymous
Not applicable
The new Oculus Integration package (1.40) is out and fixes a bunch of these issues