cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jattier
Protege
Controller tracking and hand gestures seem to work fine, but the Avatar body is visible and stationary.  Have I missed a step?

I created a new scene in Unity 2019.1.4f1 with Oculus Integration 1.37.  I've added OVRCameraRig and LocalAvatar to my Hierarchy.  I've changed tracking on OVRCameraRig to be floor level rather than eye level.  No other changes.

I'm seeing the same behavior in the sample scenes, particularly the LocalAvatar example scene in Oculus -> Avatar -> Samples -> LocalAvatar.  The mini avatar mirrors my hand motions, but the Avatar's head and body don't move.
17 REPLIES 17

ceberman
Honored Guest
I am still having similar problem after making the change you suggested in OVRCameraRig.   Test applications are from the Unity package, Oculus/SampleFramework/Usage directory.     I am using Unity 2019.3.0a6, so I will also try an older version as documented 

In Build Settings, under Android, I have set the Run Device to "Oculus Quest", and in reviewing the OVRCameraRig in each of the Scenes (AvatarGrab, CustomControllers, etc), the TargetDevice was already set to "OculusQuest"

ceberman
Honored Guest
One update, realizing that i was on a beta version of unity, I retried this  on Unity 2019.1.10f1, and installing all frameworks from scratch.   

The same problem occurs (can move and see hands/controllers, but avatar does not move with head motion).   I also want to report that teleporting is also affected by this.

Samqo
Honored Guest
I have an almost similar problem as @ceberman.  OVRcamera setting and Build setting is set to "Oculus Quest". Everything work in the unity scene with Oculus rift, but when I build and install apk on Quest it does not! The avatar interior face was visible but was fixed by disabling the "Show Third Person". 
However other problems I have are 1-Only one hand show up at a time when I trigger(oculus touch), it changes the hand and the other one disappears 2- The hand is a bit far from the laser pointer origin 3- Grabbing does not work.  I am using Unity 2019.3.0a7

fgeorg
Explorer
I've seen a similar issue before: Avatar hands work perfectly, but the avatar's body is stationary and untextured. I fixed it by setting OVRCameraRig>OVRManager>TargetDevices = [Quest], and _also_ setting Texture Compression to ASTC in Build Settings.

Tested in Unity 2019.2.0

VRTeacher1
Honored Guest
These are my notes to the solution of one hand showing up at a time:

•Make sure OVR camera is set to
oculus quest not go/gear vr.

•In the assets folder, create a folder named Plugins with
another folder inside named Android

•Go to the C:\Program Files\Unity\<yourVersion>\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\Apk
folder

•copy and paste AndroidManifest into
the Plugins>Android folder.

•Copy and paste the following line
into the AndroidManifest
file then save it.

<uses-feature
android:name="android.hardware.vr.headtracking"
android:required="true"
android:version="1"
/>

Jattier
Protege
I'm also hearing in 1.39, you need to include your AppID.  I'm not sure about whether or not you need to also include your test UserID.

alimount
Honored Guest
Dragging the LocalAvatar prototype into the OVRCameraRig solved the issue for me.
Now the controllers are within the parent (headset) they follow me about.
81gdgni5ymsb.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure you have pasted in an app Id in Oculus > Avatar Settings