IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus Quest Social Starter / Platform SDK Unity

Zig420Zig420 Posts: 27 Oculus Start Member
Did anyone get working the social start or platform SDK on Oculus Quest using unity? I'm trying to get the matchmaking and rooms working but running into a lot of problems. For example the Social starter sample in the avatar directory crashes when I try to run  it into the Oculus Quest. It compiles fine, I see a glimpse of the environment but then crashes everytime. If anyone has got mutliplayer game on unity working please let me know. Would love some help.

Comments

• JattierJattier Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    I haven't tried to do this yet, but it's something I want and need in the app I'm building.  I'd be happy to work on it with you.  Let me play around with it a bit and I'll let you know what I find out.
  • Zig420Zig420 Posts: 27 Oculus Start Member
    I contacted support and apparently you need to have your game approved by oculus , which is nearly impossible from what I’ve been told, to be able to build a multiplayer game, even in development for testing. Completely idiocy and not documented anywhere.