cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest / Rift Example Unity Project available on GitHub

Corysia
Expert Protege
So many people are having trouble with getting this going, I've started a simple example project. It's not complete yet -- I only just started it. But you're welcome to look at what I've done and how I did it.

I intend to show how to get it working with a Quest and a Rift -- I don't own a Rift S, but I assume it's the same as a Rift, generally speaking.

Again, let me say that I'm not finished. But you can see an early look here.

https://github.com/Corysia/Unity-Oculus-Example
8 REPLIES 8

bcoyle
Adventurer
Cheers thanks for sharing this! If you added a teleport mechanic I could probably shift to using your template instead of VRTK. I have pretty basic needs when it comes to my little VR demos

Corysia
Expert Protege
Today I got the work done for animated hands.  These are just your default, pasty-white ghost hands, not the ones from your personal Oculus Avatar.  I may do another tutorial on that at a later date.

Tomorrow, I'll hopefully have how to grab objects written up.

Corysia
Expert Protege
I've finished my example project for the Quest.  Next I need to:
  • Test my instructions against a Rift
  • Try upgrading from 1.38 to 1.40 and see if everything still works.
I noticed the AndroidManifext.xml file again changes with 1.40, putting in a comment that they query the device to see if it's 3DOF or 6DOF.

Corysia
Expert Protege
README has been updated for 1.40.  I haven't updated the project yet, but that's less important.

Corysia
Expert Protege
APK for a 1.40 build is now in the Releases.  The project is updated for the Quest.  I still need to find the time (or a volunteer) to go thru these steps on a Rift.

el_jergas
Explorer
Is this currently working for you? Do you see your hands? Ever since they did a firmware update to the Quest, the Sample Framework scenes have not been working for anyone...

Corysia
Expert Protege
I had a lot of trouble with the sample scenes, too, which is why I put this together.  Yes, it works for me.  It takes me about 10 minutes to go thru the setup (after importing Oculus Integration).

I took screenshots last night, helping someone on Discord who was new to Unity and didn't know where the different things I call out in the README were.  I'm going to add them to the project.

el_jergas
Explorer
Thanks a lot! I'll give it a shot.