cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus OpenXR runtime

Sgeo
Protege
Any idea when we can expect an OpenXR runtime for Oculus Rift to be released? The OpenXR 1.0 announcement last week said "this week" unless I'm misreading it, so wondering if it's delayed or if I'm being impatient or if I misread.
6 REPLIES 6

MikeF
Trustee
Some form of OpenXR implementation was said to be ready by end of year, so we've still got a bit of time before Oculus gets something out

Ybalrid
Expert Protege
https://uploadvr.com/oculus-rift-basic-openxr-support/
Looks like the current PTC has something accessible, it's probably not complete yet, but I'm delving into the OpenXR SDK out of pure curiosity. If I can display something on the rift via OpenXR, and get head tracking info, that would be awesome

Ybalrid
Expert Protege
I am sorry about double posting, and unearthing an old topic, but we are still waiting for an official OpenXR 1.0 runtime release. Beside some debug features, I have been able to experiment (at least on the tracking and rendering side) of the API using the method linked above.

It works, and it looks like you are almost there guys. Can you share some news with us? OpenXR is a good thing for everybody!

GeekyGami
Adventurer
Sorry for the necro, I'd like to know how things are going along for OpenXR support as well, as it seems we're close to having an OpenXR build of Dolphin, which I would really enjoy testing out and playing with.

Ybalrid
Expert Protege

GeekyGami said:

Sorry for the necro, I'd like to know how things are going along for OpenXR support as well, as it seems we're close to having an OpenXR build of Dolphin, which I would really enjoy testing out and playing with.

AFAIK nothing changed this the last stime this topic was necro-ed by myself.

Oculus ships a semi-hidden OpenXR runtime where everything seems to work beside the validation layers. You will need to provide a JSON manifest and set an enthronement variable to it so the khronos OpenXR loader can find the Oculus DLL.

WorthyTwin
Honored Guest

Ybalrid said:

Looks like the current PTC has something accessible, it's probably not complete yet, but I'm delving into the OpenXR SDK out of pure curiosity. If I can display something on the rift via OpenXR, and get head tracking info, that would be awesome

Thank you for the information and advice!