cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This app uses permission(s) that are not compatible with this device: android.permission.VIBRATE

hendrik.bonthuys
Explorer
Hi guys,

I am trying to publish my app and it fails due to This app uses permission(s) that are not compatible with this device: android.permission.VIBRATE.

My Android manifest doesn't enable Vibrate features nor does any of my code. I do have some plugins I downloaded from the Unity store and I have looked through all the scripts in those and can't see that Vibrate features are being used anywhere.

I am using...

Unity version: 2018.2.13f1
Oculus SDK version: 1.39

Is there a general place in the Unity settings where I can disable this or will it definitely be a reference in the code somewhere to a Class that is using Vibrate features?

Just so stumped at this point.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
Hendrik
1 REPLY 1

VRCraftworks
Honored Guest
Hey mate

just seen this. 

Solution: This app uses permission(s) that are not compatible with this device: android.permission.VIBRATE.

Often this happens because at some point there is a plugin or asset that has been imported into the project that you are building from that has a script that calls that functionality.  It doesn't matter if your project itself is using it or not, but because its in your Asset structure UNITY will add those entries into the manifest at build time.

For example Playmaker has a script that calls a Vibrate function and because of this the Vibrate permissions will be added at build time by UNITY to the manifest behind the scenes.  You can't access this new manifest and the only solution I found was to hunt out any scripts calling Vibrate or the whatever the offending functionality was and simply deleting.

To be sure before you resubmit, you then need to go to:
Oculus tools.
Remove android manifest
Create a new Oculus Store manifest
Increment the build number before rebuilding and reuploading.

You should be golden.  😉

Good luck.