cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware 9 disabled developer mode?

BitSpaceKev
Honored Guest
The quest that we use a developer kit updated overnight to the new firmware and now we can't sideload anything. 
The Quest settings menu no longer displays a developer mode panel, despite it being enabled from the companion app. 

Any suggestions? 
4 REPLIES 4

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@BitSpaceKev Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

There was a bug that affected some developers where updating to firmware v9.0 disabled the Developer mode within the companion app. Double check to make sure it wasn't turned off for you.

Leon-VR-Lab
Explorer
Interestingly when I started the Quest this morning (updated to firmware 9 overnight I guess) I had no "Unknown sources" tab anymore. Oddly enough I did have the developer settings in the settings menu on the Quest so I assumed Developer mode was still active. Turned out it wasn't. In the companion app, the Developer Mode was disabled. After enabling it, the Unknown Sources tab returned. It now also listed when doing "add devices", which it previously didn't. Weird behaviour but at least I can now continue.

PuffyFluff
Protege
This happened to me as well, but also screwed up my ADB so my Quest isn't recognized when I plug it in anymore. The drivers update says they are updated, but device status is 'This device cannot start'

BitSpaceKev
Honored Guest

NinjaGG said:

@BitSpaceKev Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

There was a bug that affected some developers where updating to firmware v9.0 disabled the Developer mode within the companion app. Double check to make sure it wasn't turned off for you.

We managed to get the Quests working again after the Firmware 9 update but now it's happening again for Firmware 10. I've already toggled the option in the mobile app and it's not enabling developer mode anymore.