cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using LWRP or URP for Quest?

AdamZ101
Protege
Anyone using Lightweight Render Pipeline or Universal Render Pipeline for Quest development? If so, what version of Unity and Oculus Integration are you using?

Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11

Corysia
Expert Protege
We were just having that discussion on Discord today.  Looks like one person has LWRP working in Unity 2018.4.5f1.  Another has tried in 2019.1 and 2019.2 without success.

mightycoconut
Protege
I'm using it with 2019.2 but wouldn't recommend it. Had to jump through a lot of hoops to get it working, and every new feature I add seems to run into issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using 2019.2.8 with LWRP 6.9.1. It works, but it is not ready for prime time. There's a (long) discussion about the issues we're having and some solutions in this thread:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/fixed-foveated-rendering-on-oculus-quest-not-working.686662/

Fixed foveated rendering requires a hack to work. You can't read from the "opaque texture" in shaders, so effects like glass/water refraction won't work. But you can get good looking stuff running at 72fps on Quest.

Anonymous
Not applicable
[that's a dupe]

FloVRDev
Explorer
Hi everyone, someone tried URP with 2019.3b with the Quest ? 

ryan99
Explorer
I tried URP with 2019.3 and Quest and got my right eye totally black.

Dragnipurake
Honored Guest
I am making a custom SRP optimized for use on Quest, as opposed to using Unity's pre-built ones, and had that right eye is black issue too. I think it's a bug from blitting with "BuildinRenderTextureType.CameraTarget" where it only seems to target the left eye. Getting rid of rendering to a texture and blitting it fixes the issue (and will also make FFR work since it is broken with intermediate textures atm too).

KHANDREW
Honored Guest
Hi!
There are usage issues in Unity Oculus LWRP, Unity 2019.13f1
After compilation, the camera in the right eye goes missing.  In Unity Editor, all cameras work.

eoin_mctech
Honored Guest
Right i missing is due to multipass, change to single pass to fix this in URP 2019.3