Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Which parts of Oculus Integration can be safely deleted?

ethanicusethanicus Posts: 2
NerveGear
I remember reading in one of the Oculus Unity guides that there are a few folders in the Oculus Integration package which can be safely deleted if you don't need them, like tutorials and demo scenes. Does anyone know which folders are non-vital?

Comments

• DarkTableDarkTable Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    The only folder that is truly vital is the "VR" folder. All the other folders are not strictly necessary, but you'd probably want to keep the "Spatializer" folder around too, depending on your sound needs.
  • ethanicusethanicus Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited October 18
    DarkTable said:
    The only folder that is truly vital is the "VR" folder. All the other folders are not strictly necessary, but you'd probably want to keep the "Spatializer" folder around too, depending on your sound needs.
    Hm, but when I deleted Avatar and LipSync, everything totally flipped out and started giving errors about missing scripts.

I should have mentioned I'd like to use the LocalAvatar and OVRPlayerController and such as well.

EDIT: I'm mostly wanting to get rid of some of the shaders/materials it comes with as they add a TON of time to the compile.
  • spacefrogspacefrog Posts: 55
    Hiro Protagonist
    Best option usually is to actually untick the unwanted folder trees in Unity's package import dialog when you are importing the integration package the first time. I do this every time and the only things i import is the VR folder
    Had no problems at all when doing so until now ...