cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE4 / Quest / Vulkan - Proper Render/Project Settings?

RapidTD
Honored Guest
Tried creating a simple test project with both the Oculus UE4 branch and Epic's latest 4.22 branch and if I enable Vulkan (ES2 and ES3.1 work fine ) I always get a crash on application launch. Tried all the settings I could find across the various Oculus and Epic documentation. Does anyone have this working currently that could share their basic project settings? Is it just broke in 4.22?

Thanks
34 REPLIES 34

motorsep
Rising Star
@DizzyDerF

Do you mind running a test case for GPU particle on your Quest? https://developer.oculus.com/bugs/bug/352218849045408/

I don't have Quest, but it crashes on my Go.

JoebMediaLab
Honored Guest
@DizzyDerF What settings did you use? I used the setting listed in unreals doc but I couldnt get it to work without crashing. I removed the Mobile HDR and the OpenGL. It works but I'm seeing a fame rate drop. I'm also using 4.23.0 preview 6.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Platforms/Mobile/Android/VulkanMobileRenderer/index.html

Dizzzie
Explorer
I have mobile hdr disabled, 4x MSAA,  ARM64, with Vulkan enabled.  Using Oculus Branch 4.22.3 from Github. 

motorsep
Rising Star

DizzyDerF said:

I have mobile hdr disabled, 4x MSAA,  ARM64, with Vulkan enabled.  Using Oculus Branch 4.22.3 from Github. 

Oculus Audio is 32bin only, so I am not sure why people build ARM64 at this time 😕

Dizzzie
Explorer
Speaking of Oculus Audio, I don't have this plugin enabled, and a project I'm working on porting from Rift to Quest, the audio is all pitch-shifted on Quest, some sounds high, some sounds low. Audio is being played back in a level sequence. Anyone know of a fix for this? 

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer

DizzyDerF said:

Speaking of Oculus Audio,..., the audio is all pitch-shifted on Quest, some sounds high, some sounds low. ...Anyone know of a fix for this? 

I read somewhere (don't know the source - could be this forum) Quest requires that ALL AUDIO be at 48000kHz

Anonymous
Not applicable

DizzyDerF said:

Are you guys using the Occulus build of unreal? or just normal unreal?
I can not get Vulkan to run - using 4.23.1f 

weirdmonkey2807
Protege

DizzyDerF said:

Using the oculus build of Unreal. You need to use build setting for arm7 not 64 or else it won’t run. 

virtualHCG
Expert Protege

Using the oculus build of Unreal. You need to use build setting for arm7 not 64 or else it won’t run. 

I've been building ARM64 with Vulcan and it runs.

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks - but anyone have used the normal Unreal? not the Occulus version? - or is it simply not possible via normal Unreal - to run Vulkan?