Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity 2019.3 / 1.41 : OVRInput not working for the Quest

FloVRDev
Explorer
Hi,

Unity 2019.3.9b
Oculus Integration 1.41

I have a problem, i just bought an Oculus Quest and start (trying to start) developing on it with Unity (that i know well).
I create just a simple scene with OVRPlayerController and a CustomHandLeft and CustomHandRight parenting to the Left/RightHandAnchor. OVRManager is on and manifest is ok too (removed and created from Oculus/Tools menu in Unity)

When i build and deploy in the Quest, i see my hand but when i press the grab button for exemple, the hand doesn't "flex" (make a fist). It seems that input doesn't work.
In fact, OVRInput doesn't work at all...
When i test OVRInput.Get(OVRInput.Button.One, OVRInput.Controller.RTouch) it always return false.
When i call OVRInput.GetActiveController() or OVRInput.GetConnectedControllers(), it always return "NONE".

Avatar ID and App ID is correctly setup. 

I spent 2 days on this and it start to drive me crazy.......

EDIT : Input.GetButtonDown seems to work just fine... But why OVRInput doesn't work? 
EDIT 2 : I tried with Unity 2018.4.12f1 too... same result. 
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, i can't help you, but i have the same problem

shiena
Protege
I have other issues with Unity2019.3.0b10 and Oculus Integration 1.41.

GuardianBoundaryDisplay.RefreshDisplay method causes an NRE in the /Assets/Oculus/SampleFramework/Usage/GuardianBoundarySystem.unity on Oculus Quest.

Unity2019.2.11f1 has no problem.

FloVRDev
Explorer
i found the solution by myself for my OVRInput problem. XR Management was imported to my project. So make sure that XR Management (installed from PackageManager) is not imported to your project. Otherwise, OVRInput will not work.

shiena
Protege

FloVRDev said:

i found the solution by myself for my OVRInput problem. XR Management was imported to my project. So make sure that XR Management (installed from PackageManager) is not imported to your project. Otherwise, OVRInput will not work.

Thank you. GuardianBoundaryDisplay.RefreshDisplay also worked when removing the XR Management.

Is this method working in Unity 2020.3.31f1 version ?
In Unity 2020, XR Management is mandatory as the legacy VR settings are removed.