IMPORTANT:

All Oculus Quest developers MUST PASS the concept review prior to gaining publishing access to the Quest Store and additional resources. Submit a concept document for review as early in your Quest application development cycle as possible: https://developer.oculus.com/quest-pitch/

For additional information and context, please see "Submitting Your App to the Oculus Quest Store".
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Hand Tracking

Is there a way to get early access to hand tracking for Quest?

Answers

• Skybox.xyzSkybox.xyz Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    edited November 5
    Yes we want to test it too!
    Why this thread is tagged as Answered tho?
    @NinjaGG
  • alejandro.castan.503alejandro.castan.503 Posts: 78 Oculus Start Member
    Please, I also need it. It is very import for my project !!!
    Thanks
    Alejandro
  • adm.immertecadm.immertec Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    We also would like to test out hand tracking system as soon as possible.
    Thank you 
    Bilgi 
  • APittAPitt Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Yes please allow developers access to this feature as soon as possible. My company needs to find out if this is a viable replacement for our Leap Motion setup. We are running out of standard Rifts and need to see if we are going to replace them with the Quest or Rift S. Please give us a way to start implementing hand tracking ASAP!!!
  • gevasafgevasaf Posts: 6 Oculus Start Member
    I heard it will be available to devs only once it's publicly released as an experimental feature.

But on the off chance that this thread has any influence -
    We have 2 apps in development that are a natural fit for hand tracking. Would be great to get the API ahead of time..
  • MarkHenryCMarkHenryC Posts: 37 Oculus Start Member
    I asked this in the Start forum a while back but it's pretty quiet over there. It would be very helpful, as has been said, to get at least an idea of the API so we can start testing with Leap Motion (for example) and have a consistent bridging API. Hopefully this thread justifies a response by Oculus.
  • tom.smeltzertom.smeltzer Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited November 25
    Just to add another voice to the choir, we too would make use of advance access to the hand tracking API. Opens up a lot of possibilities.