cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Users "OVRxxxxxxx: Missing entitlement for xxxxxxxx (xxxxxx)"

incendy
Honored Guest
I am building a game with Unity and when I logon as myself all the API calls work. I created some test users for this application so I could test the leaderboard, but when I logon as the test users all my API Calls return with this error that is in the subject? How do I entitle before publishing for testing purposes. This is for Oculus Rift only.
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having this exact issue. I want to test checkout flow (IAP) with a test user. I've created the test user, and logged in and set up the dummy payment details. But I can't figure out how to get the user entitled to the app. I've tried adding the test user email address to one of the store channels, but that doesn't seem to work.

The documentation says:

"Once the test user has been created and payment methods have been added, login to the Oculus Store as the test user and download the app that you would like to test. This entitles the user to the app and allows them to complete the IAP purchase process."

But I cannot download the app from the store because the app hasn't been released yet, and also doesn't appear in 'My Preview Apps' for the test user.

How to get a test user entitled for an app which hasn't been released yet?

But I cannot download the app from the store because the app hasn't been released yet, and also doesn't appear in 'My Preview Apps' for the test user.

I understand that this is a very delayed response, but would like to help others who may be having confusion with this process. Oculus needs accountability for improving their knowledge base, as much of these details are too hard to find through the existing documentation.

Go to the build portion of your app's project page (the first step of the 8-part submission process)>click on the "+" to add users to the release channel which your build was uploaded to (i.e. RC, or BETA) > Once you have created your test user through your app's company page, sign in to the Oculus desktop app with the temporary email provided > Make sure to enable unknown sources > "allow apps that have not been review by Oculus to run." > use the top-right search bar to do a search for your app's name > click on the entry > click on "install" from the product listing page.