cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Camera NOT rendering in stereo in Oculus Unity integration v1.43

RiccardoAxed
Explorer
Hello,
I've updated the Oculus Integration via Asset Store to the v1.43, on Unity 2019.2.14, and now it seems the Unity cameras are no longer able to render stereo, that is both left and right eye always see the same render, resulting in a monoscopic view.

I did a lot of tests both on a previous working project and a new basic project from scratch, both using the standard Unity main cameras and the OVRCameraRig prefab, both on custom scenes and Oculus sample scenes, trying every possibile combination of stereo rendering mode and camera/OVRcameraRig settings, without success, always having a monoscopic rendering.

Any suggestion about it?
8 REPLIES 8

peter_drugge
Honored Guest
I have the same issue. I have tried downgrading to 1.39 but I still have the same issue. I'm thinking it might have something to do with Unity.

Heaney-555
Heroic Explorer
Same issue on Oculus Go.

RiccardoAxed
Explorer
I had that issue and did all my attempts on an Oculus Go, indeed.

Anyway, I didn't find any solution, so i simply downgraded Unity to v. 2019.2.13 to make it work again.
I just saw they released the 2019.2.15, hope that issue is gone in that version.

Timkor
Explorer
Even now no later version after 2019.2.13 seem to fix this issue. Anyone got around it?

Shaomai
Oculus Staff
It's a Unity regression since 2019.2.14, which only impacts Oculus Go. The stereoscopic rendering works correct on Oculus Quest. Please use 2019.2.13 if you are developing on Go. We are working with Unity for the fix.

StrongHatchling
Honored Guest

Shaomai said:

It's a Unity regression since 2019.2.14, which only impacts  Oculus Go. The stereoscopic rendering works correct on Oculus Quest. Please use 2019.2.13 if you are developing on Go. We are working with Unity for the fix.

I have tried downgrading to 1.39 but I still have the same issue. I'm thinking it might have something to do with Unity. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shaomai said:

It's a Unity regression since 2019.2.14, which only impacts Oculus Go. The stereoscopic rendering works correct on Oculus Quest. Please use 2019.2.13 if you are developing on Go. We are working with Unity for the fix.

Actually you get the same bug on the Quest if you disable the position tracking in Unity on the ovrmanager (I can't remember the exact settings name right now). But it does work on the Quest if you have it enabled.

Looking forward to a fix! Thanks

devPuppy
Explorer
I'll throw in on this. Working on a Go with Unity 2018.4.16 and Oculus SDK 1.44 and the same Monoscoptic issue is happening.

Testing in Unity on the Rift, this issue does not occur.