cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVRInput.GetDown not working on Touch controllers in unity?

Gnimmel
Explorer
I am having a hard time getting the buttons to work reliably on the oculus touch controllers in unity.

If I use if OVRInput.GetDown it never seems to work, but using OVRInput.Get works all the time?

I wasn't sure if it was something to do with OVRInput.Update (); and I've tried adding it to 1 script and all the scripts that detect input but both ways give the same results, .GetDown will not work, but .Get will?

Is there a step I'm missing?
23 REPLIES 23

artman41
Honored Guest
I can also confirm this issue. Currently on Unity 2017.1.0f3 with the latest oculus sdk (from the unity store).

OVRInput.GetUp() and OVRInput.GetDown() always return false, with OVRInput.Get() being the only way of detecting if a key is down.

I can post a copy of my project if you wish to take a look.

LivingValkyrie
Honored Guest
has there been any news on this? im also having the same problem, ive spent over two hours this morning testing with different sdk versions and unity version combinations and still no luck

TheDigitalNinja2
Honored Guest
Still happening. 

gb3724
Honored Guest
Hi any further update or fix to this? Happening to me as well. Thanks. 

Chimer0s
Explorer
Still happening as of May 2019 with Unity 2018.4, been persistent on all versions I've tried as well.

mogacreative
Explorer

Gnimmel said:

I am having a hard time getting the buttons to work reliably on the oculus touch controllers in unity.

If I use if OVRInput.GetDown it never seems to work, but using OVRInput.Get works all the time?

I wasn't sure if it was something to do with OVRInput.Update (); and I've tried adding it to 1 script and all the scripts that detect input but both ways give the same results, .GetDown will not work, but .Get will?

Is there a step I'm missing?

if (OVRInput.GetDown(OVRInput.Button.Two))
{
DoWhateverYouWant();
}

BaseDrop
Honored Guest
Still happening as of December 2019 with Unity 2019.3.0b7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issue here. And also in the Unity Input Debugger, only position/rotations things are working. No Button ;/

Anonymous
Not applicable
funny: with the Quest via Link, all works fine.  But with a Rift not